Don't Let Me Go (Chapter 23)

Recap:

We easily got through the front entrance of the hotel without a problem. It was pretty much empty because it was about 11 o'clock on a Friday night so people were either out or in their rooms. I walked down the hallway to the elevators with the security guards in tow.

Right when the bell dinged, the doors of the elevator doors opened and we emptied out of it before the doors closed again. I made my way down the hallway to my room and grabbed my key to unlock the door. When I heard the clicking sound signaling that it had opened, I removed the key and stuffed it back into my purse. The two guards were stationed outside of my room so no one could intruded on me, which I was grateful for. Now after that concert, no matter how great it was, I need my space.

I grabbed my cellphone out of my bag and dialed the first number I could think of as a person to vent to.

"Hey, can I talk to you?"

__________________________

Chapter 23

Lilly's POV

I called the first person I could think of, Mollie. Caroline was the one who could always cheer us up while Mollie gave some of the best advice out there. When my mom had first died, she was one of the people that helped me get through it. Mollie had been there for me and was my rock through the whole thing. Don't get me wrong, I had my dad and Caroline too, but everyone helped me in all different ways.

I choked a sob as I tried saying, "I-I messed up this time. I-it can't be fixed. L-Louis broke up with me."

After I finished I started sobbing quietly in the hotel bedroom, not wanting anyone to hear me. If the guards heard anything, from screaming to crying, they'd be sure to check on me.

"Oh Lil, I'm so so-" She started saying this, but obviously I never told her the reason for the breakup yet.

"No Mol, I c-cheated on him. With all people, Harry."

"HOW COULD YOU DO THAT?? YOU'RE RIGHT WITH ALL PEOPLE HARRY?! ONE OF HIS BEST FRIENDS." She screamed at me.

I just sat there on the bed, shocked. Mollie rarely screamed, and when she did it showed how extremely frustrated she was. I was debating whether or not I should tell her why I did it, but I don't want anything else to happen so I won't risk it. I don't know what this anonymous person is capable of.

"I have my reasons." I responded.

"YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME! You said you were in love with him, why would you mess things up like this?" She questioned softly, the volume of her talking decreasing as her mini speech went on.

I was about to respond until I heard the main door of the hotel room slam open.

"I-I have to go." Shakily, not waiting for a goodbye, I hung up the phone. I stuffed it under my pillow, nervously waiting to see if the mystery person would come in my room. To my surprise, I heard a soft knock on my door.

"Come in." I started to lift my head as I heard the sound of the door slowly creaking open. Out of all the boys to come to my room, I was the least surprised to see Harry. He looked confused and also a bit distraught. I sighed deeply as he sat down on my bed. It was quiet at first until Harry decided to finally speak up.

"You really messed up this time. I don't know how you can fix this." He rubbed his face and put his hands on his knees.

I didn't need him telling me anything. I knew how badly I messed up, There was probably no way Louis and I could possibly get back together again. With one choice I had completely lost his trust that I quickly gained over the course of these past few weeks.