Section: 1

Year: 2560

            The unceasing low droning sound reverberating through the thin air woke me up from my bottomless sleep. I prop myself on one elbow and glance over at the window. A gentle sheen of warm light seeped through the thin taupe-colored curtains.

            " E.A.I-17, what time is it?" I requested.

A hovering ball of luminous energy with squid-like peppered tentacles floated to my right. These droids were developed after the daunting gloomy shadows enclosed the city. They say that there once was a colossal orb that emitted a plentiful expanse of energy that it brightened all eight planets in the Milky Way. This galactic orb was a star named The Sun. However, a vast mass of sinister murky mists engulfed this radiant star then gradually finished its way to all eight planets. As though, the gods of all realms decided to unleash their wrath by cupping us under their titanic overcast palms. After decades of obscurity, scientists invented droids by the name of Electrically Advanced Illumination – E.A.I 17

            "It is 3:30 A.M, Miss Cyrenaica." The droid replied.

3:30 A.M

Most of the City must be asleep by this time. The ongoing humming din did not appear to be ending any time soon. I lifted off my pearly duvet and headed to the window glass wall. I slowly parted the tan-colored curtains. A blinding flare of fiery light flooded the room. I squinted my eyes and positioned my hand above my temple to take a better look. A dazzling light engulfed the city. Every turn, corner and twist was touched by this luminosity. The lurid refractions and reflections of light passing through the glass constructions made it hard to see the source emitting this radiance. The City of Glass resembled an iridescent crystal. Shimmering kaleidoscopic colors sailed through the air as though millions of miniature rainbows were trapped in this bubble of vitrics.

It was beautiful.

At the skyline, an outline of a large, glowing spheroid body loomed over the city. The body was bright. Too bright, that it hurt my eyes. Abruptly, a shrill alarming noise began to rebound, resembling that of an ongoing Chinese gong.

It was the warning alarm.

            " Evacuation of set property is mandatory." E.A.I 17 stated.

            " I know I know..." I mutter back.

I hastily scampered towards the front door.

            " Door open!" I commanded.

            " Voice recognition activated. Morning! Cyrenaica Aelius."

The glass door began to gradually dematerialize into a space of nothingness. I rapidly passed through before breaking into a full-on dash.

I have to reach The Vacuity.