Section: 4

" We must get out of this place before she notices my presence." He said.

" What? ...Father! Dr. Katarina Atkins said the sun exists! Look at the brightness all around us!" I hiss back at him.

His worn-out eyes scanned my face, contemplating whether the next sentence is worth mentioning or not.

"I lied when I told you that I was gone for a retreat. I departed because Dr. Katarina Atkins was in need of me. Once I abandoned Elentiya, she said that she found the answer to her research. She said that I was the key to her experimentation. That I have been saved. Cyrenaica...they're experimenting on us. We are just trial mice to them."

My throat went dry. Everything that I have been educated and trained for since I was born into this world was a lie. Thoughts and feelings flooded my mind. This tremendous deception would now cost the lives of millions of people. I look at the faces surrounding me. Children, elders and adults stared intriguingly at the projected image of Dr. Katarina Atkins. Transfixed by her speech.

" After I left Elentiya, information started pouring in. She said that she is in no requirement of her experimental units anymore. They don't need us anymore. This is her final strike. We need to leave immediately..." He whispered again.

" Mathias Aelius. You are under arrest! Please remain stationary."

After that, Pandemonium.

" RUN!" my father yelled.

We pushed through the sea of people. Yelps and gasps rang through the air. I look behind me. Several androids were catching up on us. Their legs gaining speed. Suddenly, screams and screeches rebounded through the arena. The mass of citizens began to take off in all directions. Panic-stricken faces blurred past me. Up ahead, the android of Dr. Katarina Atkins stood motionless on the podium. An evident smile on its face. I loud yelp caught my attention. My father fell on the glass ground clutching his side.

" Father!" I shrieked as I ran towards him.

His hands started to shake in an unusual manner and his skin began to turn into a bluish hue. Like a bruised limb.

"They...they...injected me with a serum. Run b-before they ..." He blubbered out.

Blood started to sputter out and trickle down the corners of his mouth. I couldn't breathe, it seemed as if someone had their cold, clammy fingers around my throat, choking me. Tears began to flood my eyes and I hastily rubbed them off. Beads of cold sweat started to form on my forehead and some were racing down my back. All that I was able to perceive was the hammering of my own heart. I take a look at my father's bloodied face one final time before I notice the forces edging closer. I hastily stand up and push myself forward. Adrenaline started to rush through my veins, like a cascade of water, as I ran forward. The light started to get brighter and the temperature began to rise. In a flash, a burning flare of white-light coated The Vacuity. 

The End.

If you have reached this point of the story, then i take it that you have enjoyed this flash fiction! Work your imagination on what happened to Cyrenaica, did she die, live or was it all a dream?  Please vote, comment and tell your fellow friends and family if you got a thrill throughout this adventure! 

Thank you! - Aya