03

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"I had to see you," he said, slowly standing up from my car. I could tell that he was drunk with the way he stumbled as he moved closer to me. Hesitantly, I took a step back. There was no telling what he would do.

"I don't want to see you, Matt. I'm done." He dropped his head, actually looking upset, but I didn't care. There was no way I would ever go back after what happened.

"I'm sorry, Riley. I am so sorry. I should have never done that." I scoffed.

"You're right, you shouldn't have, but you did, and I'm not coming back. You can keep everything: the house, the furniture, everything. I will be around to grab my stuff." He took another step closer, and I took another step back. I could see the anger in his eyes, and I had a feeling that this conversation wasn't going to end well. I pulled out my phone, trying to be discrete.

Riley- SOS. In parking lot

That was the text I sent, and I was hoping that he would see it in a matter of seconds. I didn't know what was going to happen, but I knew, at this point, that Matt was capable of anything. Adam was out the door in a matter of minutes.

"Riley? Everything okay?" I hadn't told anyone besides Emmy and Bryson what happened with Matt, so I'm sure that Adam was a little shocked when I called an SOS on my 'boyfriend'. I could see Matt clenching his fists, and I knew that Adam had seen it. Adam inches his way closer to me, trying to get between me and Matt.

"I'll explain everything after, just get him out of here," I whispered to Adam when he was close enough. He nodded.

"Matt, you need to leave. Don't make this harder than it has to be," Adam said. Adam was the type of person that didn't get scared easily. I think a lot of it had to do with the fact that he was cocky, and I was around ninety percent of the time. He could stand up to the biggest guy in town and wouldn't back down until he was laid flat on his ass.

"What are you going to do about it?" Matt scoffed. It almost sounded as if he found this whole situation funny.

"I could start off by arresting you for public intoxication," Adam stated coldly. Matt just laughed. Little did he know though, if he got arrested, he was probably going to lose his job.

"I'd like to see you try," Matt said as he took a big step towards Adam. Matts hand curled into a fist, and I watched as he cocked his arm back to take a swing at Adam, but Adam saw it coming, and with the amount of training he had, it didn't take him long to lock Matts arm behind his back as he cuffed him. I sighed in relief as Adam got the second cuff around his wrist.

"You should probably call your work. You're not going anywhere for a while," Adam said as he led Matt into the station. I followed behind them.

~~~~

"Are you going to be okay?" Adam asked after I explained the whole situation to him.

"Yeah, I'm staying with a friend at the moment." He shot me a sad smile as he finished off his report on Matt. "Thank you for coming to the rescue," I said with a smile.

"I'm not going to lie, I was a little confused when you called an SOS on your boyfriend, but now it all makes sense." I chuckled because I had called it. "You need to tell us stuff like this, Riley. We're here to protect you. You're one of us, but we can't help you if you don't say something." I nodded, knowing he was right.

"Guess I'll have to have a conversation with the chief, huh?" Adam smiled, nodding as a response. "Okay, this time I'm actually leaving. I'll see you in a few days," I said, waving to Adam as I walked out of the building for the second time that night.