Chapter 1

Omg im sorry dont hate me but new perrentes story

Jfc im so rusty and present/past tense is a little fucked up for this story cuz i cant decide which one to do buy CHECK YES, MIKE WILL BE UPDATED BY FRIDAY

ig// ask me guys geez
___

There are so many people in this world, and according to adults: when you're young, you're easily attached to everything and everyone. They say that we're easily influenced. Too caught up in social media and the destruction of our surroundings. I could never quite figure out why they commonly make the mistake of categorizing all of us onto the same ship. I mean, I am nothing like the teenager across the street, Oli. He enjoyed staying in his house unless it was absolutely necessary to leave.

  Although, I often wonder if there are other teenagers out there like me but I heavily doubt it. But even with the heaviest doubt, Im pretty sure there is at least one person out there in this world that is somewhat like me but, for damn sure, I'm definitely nothing like Mike Fuentes.

    Im quite positive Mike Fuentes didn't  even know my name and yet, somehow I consistently thought about him. We've never actually formally met but, from the stories my friend, Jaime, tells me, Mike Fuentes is quite the interesting guy. Jaime tells me how today with Mike Fuentes went (over some Algebra home-work). "You held weed for him?" I ask while squinting at him. I mean there is nothing wrong with it, it's just I never thought Jaime would even consider doing that. "Yes, Tony Geez. It wasn't even a lot" he says while solving quadratic functions. I laugh at his response before defending myself lightheartedly, "I'm not disappointed or anything... I'm not your mom. I just never thought you would do that...but like, why'd he even ask?" I watch as he stops writing and looks up at the ceiling, like thats going to help him this of a reply.

   "He said something like he already got caught for having weed and how the school security guards already give him a hard time. So he asked me to hold it because nobody would suspect I had any." I just nod my head with a barely audible "Oh" and continue solving functions.

   As usual, my mind wanders to Mike. I try to envision his face but, i just can't. I mean, I've caught glimpses of him walking around my neighborhood before and Jaime describes him sometimes when I act like I don't know who he's talking about. I know for sure he has tattoos and multiple piercings.

  Mike Fuentes just sounds like a bad influence, and is most likely mean as hell. It wasn't because of the tattoos, nor piercings because I, myself have those. It's the way he walks, his body language always seemed to look like he was doing something shifty. And to that, I make a mental note to stay away from him, especially with my reputation. I can't associate myself with him.

_____(what the hell is wrong with me lmao)

   I run to my bus stop, terrified that I've missed the bus. My hair is barely brushed, my school uniform is sloppily buttoned, and my book-bag is wide open. I pull my phone from my pocket to check the time:

8:43am, Thursday

  "Are you fucking serious" I say to my self. I rushed out the house for no reason, I could still be getting ready. Instead I have to sit here and mentally accept the fact that I'm going to school, looking like I walked through a hurricane. I release a sigh filled with irritation as I slowly button up my shirt with one hand and text Jaime back with the other.

  My attempt at multitasking came to a halt when I heard two unfamiliar voices. While glancing around the bus stop to find the owners of the voices, I fix my shirt in a hurry. I don't want to embarrass myself with my appearance even if I don't know who they are.

One of them let's an extremely loud laugh and I instinctively glance to my right... and there, I see him. Mike Fuentes. I could tell it was him. From his tattoos; many and colorful to his hair; "Uhh it's black and it's kinda long I guess." Jaime once vividly and intelligently described to me.

My eyes wouldn't budge. He was so aesthetically pleasing as he's laughing, smiling, and of course smoking. But more importantly: why was he even here? Im the only one at this bus stop.

Reality pulls me back in and I feel panic rise in me, they were getting closer to me and I still look a mess. I force myself to stop staring and comb my hair with fingers. I refuse to let Mike Fuentes see me for the first time looking like a hot mess.

    As Mike and his aquatint reach the bus stop, I try not to stare at them... more importantly, I try not to make eye contact. I do so by occupying myself with the task to finish texting Jaime. That doesn't stop me from trying to listen to Mikes conversation though.

"Alright, I'll be by tomorrow. I got classes later on today" Mikes aquatint says with exhaustion evident in his voice and face. I glance from my phone to see Mike just nod his head understandingly and gives the other person a hug.

Now that I look, they have similar features to the point they might be related. "I know, Vic. You gotta be on time and all" Mike says with fake annoyance. His aquatint, now known as,Vic, just shook his and begin to turn in the direction they came from him. "Yeah, and you should be trying to, hermano." Vic says while walking away. Mike just laughs quietly to himself. It was more of a giggle and it was honestly cute but, you can't use the word cute for people like Mike, I guess.

No words are exchanged between Mike and I. I refuse to look in his direction, too scared that he'll get upset or upset for something outrageously petty.

The sound of a lighter rhythmically trying to catch fire makes me look at Mike, but more at what he was doing. I see a Black & Mild to his lips, he puffs about three times but, to be honest I wasn't even paying attention. I was more focused on the way he soaks up the sky, the way the sun hit his eyes perfectly to where you can clearly see his pupil; swimming in his brown iris. It was honestly beautiful. He was honestly beautiful. I good a look at him, he was handsome and funny-looking at the same time. He wore more of a unique face.

I sheepishly turn away as he notices I was starting, " I can put it out, if it's bothering you." He says with a smile, there no sound of rudeness or sarcasm evident in his voice. I quickly shake my head, I don't want to rain on his parade. He shrugs his shoulders and continues to smoke. I don't know why but, disappointment filled as the school bus came into distance. I sigh loudly before grabbing my things and standing up, while doing so I could feel Mikes eyes on me.

I assumed Mike would get on behind me but when I glance back to see his face one last time, he was walking away.

I smiled at the thought that he came there just for me. Deep down I knew i was wrong but, I cant help but dream.