Chapter 5

We walked leisurely to the car parked in front of my apartment. It was a sleek and modern looking with a dark gray paint job. Titus opened the passenger side door for me. The inside was just as nice as the out. The seats were covered with black leather that was smooth and cool to the touch. There was a large screen in the middle of the dashboard that I assumed probably controlled the radio and various other functions.

"Nice car you've got here," I noticed as Titus slid into the driver's seat.

"Building stuff is a hobby of mine," he mentioned casually.

You could say my mind was officially blown. The most complex thing I had ever built was a dollhouse, and even with an instruction manual I still managed to make it look like a two year old had gone wild with some wood and glue. I was twelve when I made that attempt.

"You mean you built this?" I exclaimed. He just nodded, and carried on driving like it was no big deal.

"Where did you get the money to pay for all the parts?"

"I run my own business. Not too many people know about it, but it makes enough money for me to live well and still have some extra for my hobbies."

I was surprised at that. Titus struck me as more of an athlete or something. His physic sure was sculpted enough for him to be in that sort of profession.

"That's really cool. What does your business do?"

He took a bit longer to answer that question. After a bit he said, "We manufacture guns and weaponry. Mainly for military use."

"That's interesting," I commented, not knowing what else to say.

After that, we fell into a comfortable silence until Titus spoke up again to say that we had arrived. We were parked in front of some woods. I guess we had driven pretty far from the city without me noticing. I had been pretty wrapped up in my thoughts.

"You aren't going to drag me out into the woods to murder me are you?" I said jokingly.

"I wasn't planning on it. Too much work for such a beautiful day. Plus it would ruin the purpose of the day, which is to make you have fun," he grinned. "You will, however, have to be blindfolded for a bit."

"Sure sounds like something you would do if you were planning to kill me," I murmured as he was grabbing the blindfold from the car.

"I heard that," he called out to me. "Don't worry, I promise you'll like this."

Titus sauntered over to me, blindfold in hand, and gently turned me around so that my back was facing him. He proceed to tie the blindfold over my eyes. Afterward, he placed a chaste kiss on my cheek, his lips lingering over the crook of my neck. His warm breath dancing over my skin making me shiver. A second later he moved away and wrapped my arms around one of his. I savored the feeling of his hard, toned bicep under my palm for only a moment before we started walking slowly forward. There were several roots and rocks that I could have tripped over, but Titus guided me past them and made sure I didn't fall.

I heard the sounds before we arrived at the clearing. You could tell that we were surrounded by nature. The birds were chirping, a soft breeze was rustling the leaves in the trees, and there was a faint trickling of water.

"Okay. We're here," Titus said. He ever so slowly eased the blindfold from over my eyes. The anticipation was killing me. Then I could see. I gasped as my eyes took in the view before me. We were standing in a clearing in the woods. Wildflowers dotted up everywhere, and some honeysuckle gave the air a sweet floral aroma. On the far side was a creek. The water was flowing slowly out of sight, adding its music to the the scene. The trees were strung with lanterns, though it was not quite dark, and in the middle was a big, worn blanket with a picnic basket resting in the middle.

"Do you like it," Titus asked.

"Titus, it's beautiful. Thank you." I turned around and jumped on him, trying to express my feelings through the hug. He chucked, steadied himself and hugged back. It was warm and comforting, and I never wanted to let go. Too soon, however, it was over, and the date was commencing. I could only hope that the rest of it would be that perfect.

A/N I know. I know. This took me forever to post. I will try to be better about that.

Thank you all so much for 500 reads and all of the votes and comments. I know I say that in every update, but it really does mean a lot to me. I hope you enjoyed it.