>>Chapter 9: Prepare!>>

Readying themselves. Only bits of comedy here.

N&J's Flat
07:00 AM.

"Where's he, Nick?" Judy asked impatiently, eager to start investigating for today.
"He'll come, just wait." Nick answered dryly.
"But we're late for work!"
"Carrots, we're freelancing today. There's no such thing as late."
Nick took a bite out of his oat bread, "Besides, we have to get the kids to school first."
"Why don't we just do that, and we pick up Finnick along the way?!" Judy asked with her tone pitched up to ultrasonic.
"Just wait!"
"No!"
"Listen to me!"
"You're not my dad!"
"You're the one short enough to sit on a baby chair just to get to argue with me on the dining table!" Nick blurted.

Nick just realized what he said when her eyes turn bloodshot, and her ears droops in anger. She jumped out from her seat and lunged towards him.

Sheet.

Judy choked the food out of Nick's neck, making him gurgling from the discarded bread in his mouth.
"WHY YOU LITTLE--"
"JUDY *cough* STAPH!!"

Judy jerked his head back and forth, making him squeak out his breath.

"DESPICABLE--SLY--FOOOXX!!!" *Rambo mode*
"THE KIDS ARE WATCHING!!"
She gasped.

"oh, uh, ehehe..."

Judy slowly turns her head to the right, towards Marsha, Ivan, and Goliath at the couch, peeking from the sofa. Their eyes were wide open, looking at their parents scuffling. Judy let out a nervous laugh.

"Hehe...Hi there, kids."
They still froze.
Judy scowled back at Nick, scaring the sly out of him.

All turned their heads towards the door when it slowly opened, somehow. No one is there.

Then they look down, to Finnick.

"What's..going on....here.?" Finnick said as he looks into the scene. He then slyly grinned at Nick.
"You gettin' hustled there, little foxy??" Finnick mocked.
"Shut up."
Judy choked him again, making him squeal.
"YASS!"

----time skip to school drop-off----

"Yes, bye bye!!" Judy shouted as she waves goodbye to the kids from the van.
"Alright, enough family time. Let's get to business."
Judy rolled the window up, and sat back to her seat.
"You got a location already, Nick?"
"Of course I have,  otherwise we wouldn't be dropping them to school, but linger in front of our own phone. It's not that far away, we can drop to a minimarket for some snacks, if you want."
"No--"
"Yes please." Finnick interrupted.
"But--"
"But he's hungry, whiskers. Just let him get some food, maybe you can grab some as well."
Judy groaned in annoyance, "Fiiinee. I'll get some food too."

----time skip to minimarket----

Nick pushed the double steel-framed glass door into the minimarket, and a meerkat dressed in store clerk suit greeted them.
"Welcome! Have fun shopping!" The meerkat said with a smile.
"Thank you.." Judy responded, while Nick and Finnick ignored the hospitality.
Nick pushed both of their backs gently, "Now now, go grab things you need, money's on me."
"Really?" Finnick asked.
"Yes, really."
"he's gonna regret this, huehuehue.." Finnick muttered, followed with an evil laugh.

Judy aimlessly went around the store, looking for things she might need. Nothing caught her eyes, hence she grabbed two carrot juice--
What's that?
Something above the shelf caught her eyes, gleaming a light. It looks like a pen, but not a carrot pen like hers. Looks like. . .

She squinted her eyes, and jumped, trying to get a clear view on the object.

Ooo, a fox tail? Since when did animals started making them?

*hop, hop*

Too high for her. She looked around, to see if anyone was around. She slowly climbed up the shelves, and gra--

"Ooo, whatcha getting there, whiskers?" Nick snatched the pen from her reach.
"HEY! I want that!"
"For what, hmm?" Nick leaned to her.
"For, a reminder of you.." Judy answered while blushing a bit.
Nick grabbed two pens, and gave one to her, and kept the other. Nick picked her by the collar, and put her down to the floor.

"I'm not going anywhere, why a reminder?"
"Yea you are, just like yesterday."
"Oh come on, its only a day! And we end up cuddling at night, right?"
"Yes, and no. I still need one."
Nick gave up and raised his paws, "Alright, whatever. As long as you're happy with it."

They both went to the counter, dropping down their stuff. But Nick dropped his to the floor.

"Whassup, Nick?" Finnick said with a chuckle.
"Are you kidding me? You can't even--"
"Yes I can. Now please pay for the box of Cheetos, please."

Nick looked into his wallet, 300$.
"How much is that?" Nick asked to the meerkat.
"A box full costs a hundred."
"Holy cow, really?" Nick asked in disbelief.
The meerkat nodded.
"And how much are these pens?"
"10$ each."
Nick got flustered and angry at the astonishing overprice. Nick confronted the meerkat, repeatedly pointing at the meerkat, threatening him to get the place shut down.
"Sue all you want, sir. My son would be glad to practice his law degree on your charge."
Why you little--
Nick groaned, admitted at his defeat, and paid for all the stuffs.
"Ooo, papa Nick got hus--"
"I double dare you to say that in front of my face."
"--tled."
Nick grabbed the box of cheetos, and ran towards the exit, screaming.
"IMA THROW THIS JUNK TO THE DUMPSTER!!"
"He wouldn't dare."
Judy glanced at Finnick, giving a convincing look, "He's not kidding when it comes to money, Finnick."
"But that box--"
"Your treat, your loss." Judy gave him a half-lidded stare.
Finnick was hesitant on retrieving the box, since it was Nick's OWN money, but Nick sometimes is savage enough to throw away  a box of Cheetos, or more.
Finnick chased Nick in panic, saving his Cheetos'es (<-how to grammar)

Judy stared from the front of the market, watching the bromance (wrestle) between the two old best buds on the concrete, pulling each other's fur, and biting each other's tail, shamelessly. It was almost like watching a cat playing with a ball of string, having Finnick juggled all over the place by Nick's long arms. It's not grunts of pain tho', just stifled laughter between them.

--------

"Stop wasting my time, god damnit. I'm not watching your tail forever."
Roy threw his binoculars to the passenger seat in frustration, seeing them having all the fun, without even caring about the main objective of why they're there the first time.

Why the hell is Finnick having fun? His damn girl is at stake!
Nick is the same.
Judy doesn't do anything about them. At all. So much for "Duty Judy".
Continue with your investigation, for f*** sake. I don't have coffee for days.

--------

It hurts.
I can't feel it anymore.
They're too rough, I need to get out, somehow. The torture is killing me.
I'm not giving up, I can't. He's still out there, waiting for me.

Ugh, my head, the drugs are taking effect...
I can't think....*.?.
 >> <!#. ...no.. .

. .%$

. ^

.

The real work begins, next.
On FOX.