Chapter 1: How It All Started

*Two years ago*

'Tonight is my coming of the age ceremony! I'm so excited!' I said to my wolf through a mind-link.

'I know! We shifted this morning and I'm sorry it was painful.' my wolf, Lena, said.

'It's okay. Let's go for a run.' I said.

I feel my wolf nod and I walk to my window and look out to check the weather but are my mom outside for a walk. I see her long silver hair pulled back, her fox ears up, and her nine tails blowing in the air. I'm the spitting image of my mother minus the ears, the tails, and long hair. I smile and run downstairs to the front door when I see rouges surround her. They attack her and I run to her, shifting into my wolf/fox form. I stand, nine tails behind my mother's and growl at the rouges. I leap at one of the rouges as my mother go take one down.

I fight off seven of the fourteen, two made it out alive and five died. I smile and I turn to look at my mom. I see my mother on the floor, bleeding out in her human form.

I run to her and she touch right between the two red lines that make a 'u' ish 'v'.

"Make life what you want it, not how anyone else want it and make sure you're the best Madeline." she said, fading away.

I nod and lick her cheek as she died. I nudge her and she didn't move. I let out a howl and in a few minutes my father came out. He look at me and my blood stained white wolf fur and then to the rouges, then my dead mother. He lets out a cry and hugs us both. I lick his cheek and he kiss my mark. I shift back and he toss his huge jacket on me.

"I'm sorry dad! I'm so sorry I couldn't protect mommy!" I cried.

"Shush sweetie, its okay, mommy knows you tried. Go upstairs and look for Jake." he said.

I nod and get up. I tighten my jacket around my naked and shaking body as I go look for my boyfriend. I make it up to his room and a scent other than his come from in there. I open the door and see him in the bed with some girl. When he scented me he look up in surprise.

"Madeline, I'm sorry! I meant to tell you a month ago but..." he said.

I didn't bother listening to him, I just ran off and shift into my wolf/fox form. I ran past my father and into the forest. I keep running and running till I stop at a lake where I had met my best guy friend, who moved away. There, I shifted back into human form and cried. I cried for my now dead mother, I cried for my broken heart then when I ran out of tears, I promised myself not to let anyone close to my heart and to be what my mother want.

I walk back and my father stand there with a white dress. He hands it to me and I put it on.

"Father, tonight we'll do my ceremony, but tomorrow, I'm going to be the best warrior you will ever have." I said.

He nods and leads me to the backyard where the pack waits. We join my twin brother, Isaac, and he holds my hand.

"Tonight, we join together to add another warrior in our pack! Tonight, we will celebrate her rebirth!" my father said to the crowd.

He turns to me and holds out a goblet for me.

"Madeline Constantine, do you promise to put your pack before you?" he asked.

"I do."

"Do you promise to protect your pack and do what's right?"

"I do."

"Then drink from this goblet and accept your pack as we accept you." he said.

I take the goblet and drink it. I take a little sip and cool red wine flood my taste buds as I pass it to my brother. He drinks it and pass it on. It continues till it gets to my father. He drinks it last and smiles.

"You are now a member of Lunar Pack! Tonight we celebrate our new addition! Tomorrow we morn the lost of our beloved Luna." my father said, tearing up.

Everyone cheers and the party starts. I watch people celebrate as I thought of the ones who killed my mother.

'They can run, but they can't hide. I will find them and kill them.' I thought as the night continued on.