Chapter One

"So who was my dad?" I ask my mother as I sat down on my bed.

She sighed as she sat beside me. "He was a strong warrior that loved the untamed acts during war."

I brush my dark brown hair out of my eyes. "Was he a good man?"

"Sometimes..."

"How come?"

"He had a bit of a temper... But I still love him a lot."

"Oh..."

"You would've loved him too..."

I wrinkled my nose. It doesn't sound like I would like him.

My mom kissed my forehead and started walking out. "Don't stay up too late."

I nodded. My mother is great. Well sometimes. She would buy me stuff, but she does yell a lot. That doesn't matter. I still love her with all my heart. Yeah she is great-

My thoughts were cut off by my mom. "Honey?"

"Yeah mom?"

"I'm going to the store."

"Okay."

"You better be asleep by the time I'm back." She says with a smile on her small fragile face. She walks out of the room and I heard her jump into the car a few moments after. I turn on the t.v. I change it to the News. "My strange addiction is eating hair."
The pre-teen said on the t.v.

My face turns disgusted as I change it to a comedy channel. I slowly drift away into my sleep.

My sleep didn't last long. The sounds of phones ringing made me jump out of my soft bed. I walk over to the phone worried. I look at the number. "Hmm...Why would the hospital be calling... Wait mom...." I start to shake as I pick up the phone.

"H....Hello?