CHAPTER 3 "The Confession"

Wow. Three months had passed so quickly. I had decided to tell Mary and my other friends about the Robin thing.

My cheeks turned red. I don't know why I got really nervous. I tiptoed to Mary.

"Guess what...I'm in love..." I whispered

"Really? Who?" she sounded clueless.

"You will probably think I'm crazy, because I fall in love with a lot of guys...I'm a little bit embarrassed..."

"Come on! Please, tell me, I'm your best friend!"

"Ok... oh...mmmhh...urrr" I didn't know how to say it, and I wouldn't want to admit it right then, but I may have wanted to create a little bit of drama and suspense.

"Come on! the teacher's coming!" I was kind of laughing.

"Mhhh...Okay. Robin." Then the teacher came and interrupted everything.

I told my other friends. Everyone was so astonished. We started talking.

"Oh my god!" One of them said.

"He's so cute" another one said.

"I think he may be into you."

Everything was so exciting! Three months passed and I was still the center of attention. It was really fun.

On Tuesday, Robin was fighting with someone (as always). They were both laughing and punching each other. And then he winked an eye at me. Things were gerrymandered better between us! I told Mary but she didn't seem really happy. I know she's usually very quiet and doesn't show her emotions much but there was something strange. Maybe she wasn't feeling all right. I asked her but she said everything was fine and gave a smile.

That same day I returned home. I got ready to go out with a friend of mine. She didn't attend our school but she had been a close friend since preschool. We had been going out a lot lately.

I stepped into the ice-cream store and searched for her. When I saw her I sat in front of her.

"Hi Eleanor!"

"Hi Aby!"

The walls were white with purple stripes. The floor was the same purple of the walls. There were pictures of ice-creams everywhere.

"So...what have you been up to?"

"Mmhh...nothing really interesting." I hadn't told her about Robin yet. I don't know why, but it had never come up. And now I could have told her but I didn't.

"What about you?" I asked excitedly. She held my hand. A huge smile appeared on her face.

"I got into the finals. I think I may win!" Eleanor was a writer. She had gotten into an online short-story contest.

"Congratulations! You'll totally win!"

"I hope so..."

"Will you ever show the story to me?"

"Geez...I don't know..."

"Please!"

"Maybe one day." She smiled and I smiled back.

"Ok." Eleanor had been a better friend than Mary. Well, I didn't want to admit it but I always wanted to spend more time with Eleanor rather than her. It felt different. But it was addictive.