7- Officer, Have You Seen My Corpse?

An ambulance and a few police cars surrounded the smashed up car. I watched as Dan tried to approach the men in uniforms.

"Officer, hello?"

Only I could see Dan, so of course, no one acknowledged his presence whatsoever.

"What's going on?" Dan fell to the pavement, beginning to cry a bit. I felt bad.

"Look, Dan. I was supposed to kill your mum but I killed you instead. You're dead, but you haven't let go yet. You're like a ghost, basically."

I explained this to him about five times. He was still distraught, looking everywhere but me.

"I'm dead?"

"Yeah..."

"Phil change this!" He yelled as if I had control over the situation.

I was a bit uncomfortable. "I can't. I'm not an angel! Or God!"

"Huh?"

"Well, Reapers kill em and angels can rebirth them. And I don't know any angels, but it looks like we'll have to be friends now."

"The fuck? Why?" He yelled, obviously not seeing the point.

"Well, do you want to be a ghost forever or do you want to be alive again?"

"The last one..." he said, trailing off.

"If you don't follow my rules the GRC will send you to Hell, Dan, okay?"

Dan looked like he didn't want to believe me but after the series of events that had unfolded, he most likely felt he didn't have a choice.

"Fine. But we're not friends, okay?"

"That's fine with me," I spat.