19 - Just be.

Two weeks later

"How long will it take for him to wake up?" Ava asks as we sit in the waiting room of the hospital. 

"Around half an hour they said," I answer her and she nods her head once then keeps quiet. We haven't seen each other much in the past weeks but I asked her to come along since I wasn't sure how I would react once they put Harry under anaesthetic. Seeing someone in hospital beds totally drugged out isn't something I handle well these days. I was happy when she replied she'd be there. 

Since we discussed moving here permanently we have been going to look at places, both ready to make the move as quickly as possible. But even though it's all that we have been able to think about for the past weeks, we haven't told anyone yet. It was just our fun little secret, but I want to tell her now. 

Maybe it is morbid - well it is - but if he doesn't come out of his narcosis (a.k.a. my biggest fear), I want people to know how much together we really were. 

"We're going to move here permanently for the time being," I blurt out and she looks up from her phone, the surprise clear in her eyes. Her mouth falls open and if I'm not mistaken she's getting emotional. 

"No," she breathes out and I realize her reaction is exactly what I'd hoped for. That even though I was rough that night Harry get beaten and I was held against my will, we got passed that and she wants me to stay. "That's awesome! Where will you live?"

"There's one place we saw that we both liked. It's up north. Near the beach there, but still close to all the shopping malls."

"I can't believe this," she says still stunned. "How did this happen?"

"Harry asked me. It seemed like the right thing. We both like it here more than England and Harry might get a job here at the tattoo parlor. I like working at the beach so. It makes sense."

"I really like this. Such great news, girl." She hugs me from her seat and we make it a little bit longer as if we both want to say that from now on, there will be no more fights. 

"I just hope that he won't be in much pain after this. His concussion was bad enough." 

Ava agrees to that and I think about Harry's recovery. His head still hurts from time to time and he has headaches now that I hope will go away in the near future since it makes him very cranky. Other than that he's been doing fine and he's even back at work. The doctors cleared him to give his bone marrow, a procedure done under anesthesia. 

For his mother's sake I hope it comes in time, but I know by now that Harry couldn't care less. It's his hope that after this, his family will finally leave him alone. Like the deal they agreed to years ago. I never thought I'd agree with him on that one, but after this whole situation of his mother sickness and her being too proud or whatever to reach out to him herself made me realize she's not worthy of him. Just like I don't want to be in touch with my mother. 

"We should see if we can live in the same street. That would be fun right?" Ava says after a while and I'm glad she's here, keeping my mind of Harry. 

"Harry thought the same. He said this house is close to the one you had in mind for you and Louis."

"Really?" She turns to look at me, switching in her seat. "He thought about us?"

"Of course. We don't have any family here or anyone for that matter except you guys. At least, that is if Louis stays." We haven't really discussed this yet. Her finding a house for them to live in but him rejecting it after he arrived. She understood his reasoning, finding it too soon, but I know she's more than ready to leave her house. It must be similar as to when I wanted to leave England as soon as possible. She still has to live in the house her father used to live as well. "I don't understand why he doesn't move in with you. You're always in his room anyway."