Worry

I walk slowly to uncle's shop, not wanting to go back there with my father around. But if I don't go back they will sent the cops to look for me.

As I walk, I see all of the shops around Lambeth. People were laughing, and there were little kids playing in the streets. Then I see uncle's shop, I sigh. I walk inside and I see Mary cleaning. Then she turns and sees me. Then she gives me a angry look.

" Emily, where the hell have you been? Do you realise how worried sick everyone has been?" Mary angrily says to me. I have to make up some kind of lie.

" Well if you must know, I went to a hotel and I just send the night there," Well it wasn't a total lie. Mary looks at me not really believing me.

" If you went to a hotel, how did you pay for it?" Mary says.

" I had some money with me," I say. But by the look on her face she doesn't believe me.

" Emily, I'm not stupid tell me the truth," she angrily, I give her a pained look, she knows I can't lie to her.

" Promise, you won't get mad when I say this," I beg her. Her face softens.

" I promise," she says.

" And don't tell anyone," I beg her and she nods her head.

" Well, should first tell you that Jacob proposed to me," I weakly smile, " and I said yes. She smiles and hugs me. Then she punches my arm playfully.

" Why, haven't you told?" I laugh.

" I have never got the chance," my smile drops, " well anyway, I introduced Jacob to father, but instead of him politely greeting him, father tells me that I shouldn't be around people like him, then I tell father that Jacob is my fiancee, then I walk out of the shop, father chased after me, he forbid me from marrying Jacob, but then when we got into this huge fight, once it was over, I walked around Lambeth.....," Mary interrupts me.

" Wait, how does this explain where you were?" she says.

" I'm getting to that," I say, " Anyway, I was walking around Lambeth until I felt Jacob's arms around me, he told me he heard the hole fight, I told father that I would elope with Jacob if I had to," Mary looks at me.

" Emily, please tell me you didn't run off and get married," I look up at her and I nod my head.

" Mary, you must think bad of me, do you?" She looks at me reassuringly.

" Emily, personally I wouldn't run off like that, but your father drove you to it, so I don't blame you," tears roll down my face, and she hugs me. While I was crying Erik and father walk into the shop.

" Emily, are you okay," Erik say putting his hand on my shoulder. I nod my head. My father looks at me with disappointment.

" Where did you go?" Father says. I look up at him.

" Why do you care? You never seem to care about me before," I say harshly. Father sighs.

" Could we not fight today?" Father says. I nod. He smiles and touches my face.

" Father, do you forgive me?" I ask him. He looks at me.

" You made me open my eyes, I should have paid more attention to you," he says, " By the way, while I was walking around Lambeth last night, I saw you and Jacob enter a church, I guess you were serious when you said that you would elope with him," father says, but to my surprise He doesn't yell at me. I wonder what Jacob told Evie.