Chapter 3

There was a silence between the two of them that caused Nati to feel a bit nervous.

"Ch...Cheunen Natalia imnida." She finally said introducing herself, hoping to break the silence.

"American?" he questioned.

"Aniyo..."she replied softly. "Megsiko-in."

"Megsiko-in?" he replied with surprise.

"Ne..."

"Why are you here? How did you get in?" he asked after a few seconds.

"Uh...Jeremy..."she started.

"Jeremy?" he asked looking around.

"He went up to get his keys..."

He looked at her with some doubt, not really believing her.

"I am telling you the truth." She replied having caught the skepticism in his eyes.

"You are a friend of Jeremy?"

Nati hesitated in answering that. She had just met him that afternoon...would friend really be the correct word to use? For lack of a better word, she agreed.

"Hmmm...he has never mentioned you before...and it is the first time I see you." He replied still suspicious.

"We actually..." she began but was interrupted by the sound of someone racing down the stairs. She looked over and smiled as she saw Jeremy coming towards them.

"Hyung-nim!" he said addressing the man standing in front of Nati.

Both of them spoke in Korean at such a speed that Nati could barely catch a few words-mainly her name and the word chingu which she recognized as 'friend'.

Jeremy abruptly turned to Nati and smiled. "Gaja!"

Nati stared blankly at him and he chuckled softly. "Let's go." He said as he began taking a step towards the backdoor.

She looked at the man, whose name she still didn't know and smiled thinly.

"Mannaseo bangap seumnida." She said nodding slightly.

He nodded in return but didn't say another word to her.

Nati looked away and caught up to Jeremy.

"Who was that?" She asked Jeremy when she was sure they were far away enough so that he couldn't hear them.

"That's Hwang Tae Kyung." Jeremy smiled.

"I don't think he believed I knew you until you came back."

"Well I explained it to him. Don't worry about him."

Nati stopped walking and Jeremy immediately took notice.

"What's wrong?" he questioned.

"Can I ask you something?"

He nodded.

"Who are you?"

He laughed before answering. "Jeremy...you know that."

"I know your name is Jeremy...but this..." she said motioning to the building "...that picture of you next to the other guys...are you famous?" she asked.

"Does it make a difference to you?" he answered with another question.

"I guess not, but..."

"I'm Jeremy...just Jeremy, okay?"

"Okay." Nati smiled.

"Let's go." Jeremy smiled.

"Gaja." Natalia said.

"Right! Gaja!" he winked.

Nati followed Jeremy down the same way they had come in. They were about to head out, when the door opened and two men walked in. One was an older, middle aged man and Nati recognized the other one from the picture she had seen minutes ago.

Both men looked at Nati before the older of the two began talking to Jeremy. Nati timidly stood there, not being able to understand what was being said. The younger man turned to her and smiled sweetly.

"Annyeong haseyo. Cheunen Kang Shin Woo imnida." He said extending his hand out.

Nati smiled and took his hand. "Annyeong haseyo. Cheunen Natalia imnida." She replied.

"Mannaseo bangawoyo."

"Mannaseo banga...woyo." Natalia repeated slowly. She still was very confused as to the level of politeness to use with people she first met.

"Hyung! This is Nati." Jeremy said as he turned to them.

Shin Woo smiled and nodded. "Nati."

"Short for Natalia." Nati clarified.

Jeremy then introduced Nati to Manager Ma, who, she was told, did not know any English.

Shin woo addressed Jeremy in Korean and they spoke for a few seconds before Jeremy laughed.

"Sorry. My English is not very good." Shin Woo said turning to Nati.

"Mianhaeyo. My Korean is probably worse." Nati replied and they both laughed.

"I hope to see you again." Shin Woo said as he and Manager Ma bowed slightly, excused themselves and continued into the building.

As Jeremy and Nati walked out and headed towards Jeremy's motorcycle, Nati stopped him.

"You guys are a band, right?"

"A.N. Jell." He replied.

"Huh?" Natalia replied.

"The name of the band...it is A.N. Jell." He laughed.

"Oh." She said realizing he had just confirmed her suspicion.

"What do you play?"

"Drums." He smiled.

"Do you sing too?"

"Sometimes. Hwang Tae Kyung and Go Mi Nam are who usually sing lead."

"Go Mi Nam?"

"You haven't met him yet."

"Oh." Nati replied realizing that by Jeremy's response he had every intention of introducing him to Go Mi Nam in the future.

She smiled to herself. Today had been a good day despite everything. Meeting Jeremy had been the best thing that had happened to her since her arrival to Korea. Hwang Tae Kyung seemed a little serious...intimidating even, but Kang Shin Woo had compensated for that with his gentle and sweet nature.

"Ready?" Jeremy asked smiling as he handed her a helmet.

She nodded as she took it. And Jeremy...he was fun and amusing. It was hard not to like him.

"Let's get you home." he said before putting on his own helmet.