Chapter One

"Bye Pappy! I'm off to Alphys'!" A very optimistic and loud voice rang through the cabin. The owner of said voice turned to leave the house before bumping into a tall, orange clad wall. Big shining blue eyes blinked, before furrowing into a frown.

"PAPYRUS!" Sans screeched at the skeleton in his way, stomping his heavy blue steel-toed boots against the wooden floor and curling his gloved hands into fists.

A grin spread on Papyrus' face. "bro, chill. i jus' wanted to know if you wanted me to walk ya, no biggie."

Sans' anger melted into something a little bit more disappointed. "Broooottthhherrr..." The smaller of the two whined. "Why must you always have to..." Sans groaned, and pouted in an embarrassed state. "Look out for me so well?"

Papyrus raised an eyebrow, taking the hands that were always shoved in his pockets out and onto his older brother's shoulders. "because if there's one thing i carrot about most, it's my broberry."

Sans' face twitched into a smile. "Hush you cheesy carrot! And get out of my way or I'll be remissing my consultation with Alphys."

"..." They stared at eachother for a few beats of silence, Sans breathing heavy with anger, and Papyrus with sluggish eye movements.

The taller brother grinned. "cmon bro, it's my jam. i know you think puns are grate. i berry well know a smile when i see it."

"Ugh! I don't have time for your tommyrot, move."

"can't."

"WHY NOT?!"

"'s against the law, bro."

"THERE ARE NO LAWS ABOUT NOT MOVING!!!"

Sans darkened when he caught a mischievous glint in Papyrus' eyes. "physics."

Sans groaned and shoved his brother out of his way. He simply didn't have the time for this today, or any day for that matter, but everyday Papyrus would still try to make him late. Except it never worked and Sans made sure of that. The small skeleton slammed the door and sighed in annoyance, hearing his brother snicker from the other side.

Sans inhaled the cold Snowdin air, feeling it travel throughout his bones. He shivered before starting his march. However, he did not take the casual route to Waterfall. Usually, Sans would take nothing other than his fathe- the mystery man's boat.

He rather enjoyed the monster's presence, as well as the boat's gentle sway as it drives down the calm underground river. It was also much faster than walking, giving the little skeleton more spare time to spend on himself.

Vaguely, Sans wondered if the mystery man remembered anything of his past. If he remembered Sans, Papyrus, his work, or even Sans' other creator.

He shook himself away from his dark train of thought and paused his quick march. Sans looked up, and like every other time he seen the mystery man's face, his expression turned to shock. He could never get over seeing him there on that boat of his.

"Whu hu hu... care for a ride?" The man asked, dropping his hood (something he only did when it was just him and Sans. It made the small skeleton feel special in a way... the mystery man didn't even drop his hood for his brother. Then again, he and Papyrus seemed to share a... lacking relationship.) and letting his white face turn up into that deformed smile of his.

Sans smiled a genuinely enormous smile, cheeks tinting in a cute light blue color. "You know it, G! Oh, and did you do something to your water? It looks shinier than usual."

The man laughed, unwrinkling his long black robe. "Whu hu hu... I made sure to water the water before you arrived today. I can't disappoint my number one customer."