Chapter 1- Secrets

I stared out the window with a huge smile plastered on my face. I'll be honest, I'm not sure what I'm even smiling at. Apollo and Zuma fell asleep on the couch, with Apollo laying on Zuma's chest. They are so adorable. Zuma became more protective of Apollo after the divorce. He would put him to sleep, like right now, feed him and play with him way more often than before. He was still too young to understand everything  that had happened with the divorce, but with his protectiveness it was as if he understood. I turn my head back out the window from the cute scene on the couch to the beautiful view outside. I was in the studio earlier in the week, and Blake offered to stay with the boys a few days, so I can have some me time. I was so thankful for that. It amazes me how much love Blake has for me. Even when I don't deserve it. I choke up, feeling the tears pricking my eyes. I came home after those three days, and received a huge surprise. It was so unexpected yet so perfect.

••• A Day ago•••
As soon as I leave the studio, I call Blake to tell him I'm headed home. He amazes me. Three days with my kids, giving me some time to write songs and have some me time. I wrote Where Would I Be and Splash, and went out with coffee with my girls. Blake takes a while to answer. Finally when he does, I hear Apollo screaming " Piggy back ride" I laugh, hearing Blake grumble on the other end. "Hi babe. How are you doing?" I feel butterflies in my stomach listening to his low grumble, which sounded as if he just woke up. I wouldn't blame him if he did. It was 2 pm, which is usually when the kids wake up from their naps           " The real question is are you okay. " I ask, giggling. " please be okay for the next 10 minutes. I'll be home soon"

•••Blakes POV (the day Gwen leaves to the studio)•••
     I watch as she pulls out of the driveway. Three freaking days to spend with her amazing kids. Well they are basically like my kids as well with all the time I hang around their family. Kingston was outside in the backyard with his friend Owen from his baseball team, practicing. Apollo was still sleeping, and Zuma was upstairs playing on his guitar that I got for him last Christmas. He has grown very fond of music and instruments, especially the guitar. I head upstairs, where I hear him trying to play the C and G chord. I laugh. That kid still has a lot to learn. I knock on his door so I won't scare him. " Come in," he calls. "Hi, buddy. I see you are trying really hard to play that C chord, eh?" I sit down next to him, and show him again the C chord about 138492 times until he finally gets it correctly.  "I did it! I finally learned the C chord!! Thank you Blake!" He squeals, throwing his arms around my neck. " I love you" I hear him whisper really quietly, shyly in fact. My heart skips a beat. That was a first. He was always the one really quiet towards me. He let go of me, and looked at me with worried eyes. I realized that he was scared that he said the wrong thing and wanted to know if I loved him back or not. I smiled at him, trying to push away the tears welling up in my eyes. "Sport, I love you more than you can ever imagine. And I will always love you, no matter what. Ok?" Zuma nods, his smile returning once again, reassured. My heart hurts for this little boy. Of course there is a lot I don't know about his father Gavin, but a child shouldn't be worried about being loved or afraid to even say it. I push my thoughts to the side, as the idea that I had last night comes back, creeping in on me. "So, Zuma, I had this idea, but we better keep it a secret from your mom, ok?"

~~~~~
THANK YOU FOR READING. SORRY ITS REALLY HARD TO WRITE ON AN IPHONE, BUT IM TRYING. PLEASE LEAVE COMMENTS AND LIKES AND FEEL FREE TO DM ME ON TWITTER TOO FOR ANY TIPS AND IDEAS. I LOVE YOU ALL 💕