Chapter one

Annie's POV

"C'mon annie!" Johanna shouted at me to hurry up. It was the first day of sophomore year at panem high. Johanna and I were racing Clove and Katniss to the lunch table, the losing group bought ice cream for the others after school. Jo and I lost last year and she wasn't about to buy more ice cream.
"I'm coming, I'm coming" I sped up speed walking past other sophomores and accidentally bumping in to Madge, Delly, Gem and Glimmer. The popular girls. Ugh, I turned around a mumble a 'sorry', receiving multiple glares out of their eyes lined with the newest eye liner trend. When Jo and I finally reached the cafeteria we sprinted to our regular table. Finnick and Peeta were the only ones sitting there.
"Yes!!!" Johanna shouted sitting down across from finnick, I took a seat next to him. He leaned over a gave me a quick peck on the cheek, as he knows I'm not big on PDA, especially in front of Jo.
"Why are you celebrating?" Cato asked as he sat down
"We beat Kat and Clove. Meaning they get to buy us ice cream." I smirked making finnick laugh.
"Damn," I heard Kat yell from across the lunch room. Johanna and I looked at each other and looked back at Clove and Katniss, causing us to burst out laughing.

They say down and ten minutes into lunch, Clove and Gale were in a heated discussion about lemonade and which brand was better. All of the sudden they went silent causing everyone else to look up. I noticed the populars standing there. Gem waltzed over to Finnick and put her hand over his shoulder and onto his chest. He stiffened.
"Hi, finny!" She said in her high pitched voice "I'm having a party tonight, and of course you're invited!" She said, Finnick glanced towards me, unsure.
"You know what Gem? That sounds lovely, annie and I were just talking about what to do tonight! Thanks so much be there at seven!" Gems mouth hung open as she stormed away. I burst out in laughter.
"You showed her man!" Peeta yelled. Finnick looked at me,
"Guess we got a party to go to Ann" he smiled.

🌸🌸🌸
First chapter down!!! Thank you guys so much for reading! I know it's kinda short but they will get longer as I figure out a plot:)

✌️,
Mel:)