Chapter Four

Adrien groaned in frustration as he tiredly rubbed his temple, a poor attempt at trying to soothe the pounding headache he had. He had found a news article on Jack DeLuzrio, stating that he was found dead in an alleyway. The reporter, he had noticed, tried to place the blame on Proiettile Velenoso, claiming that they were the ones who murdered him.

Though he was somewhat relieved that they thought it was the gang and not another citizen, he knew they had one fact off. There was no poisonous bullet in the man or anywhere near him. His eyes narrowed on the light blue purse that was sat on his dresser, angrily glaring at the accessory that was perched on top of the wooden dresser, taunting him.

The purse was a sky blue, a lighter shade of Marinette's eyes. The top was bunched together, clasped in place by a single white pearl. The purse, was his clue about his mother, where he could find her.

Set next to his mother's purse was a small bronze bullet. One that was dipped in Botulinum Toxin.

He thought back to the night he had found it, the night he started to fall in love with Marinette.

Adrien had just gotten back from a late night photoshoot his dad had told him to do. He was tired and a little bit grumpy but he knew he had to be on his best behavior.

"Adrien, your father wishes to see you in his study." He nodded as a sign to show that he was listening to Nathalie before sleepily walking down the big empty hallway to his father's large, lifeless study.

He knocked on the wooden door but got no answer.

"Father?" He knocked once more but once again received nothing but silence. Annoyed, he opened the door and walked into the room. Empty. Of course. Adrien would have to wait for his father, as usual. Instead of sitting down like he usually would, he walked around, examining every little detail his father's giant study could offer.

Suddenly, something light blue caught his eye. He narrowed his gaze on the familiar purse that was slightly hidden behind stacks of books. If not for his heightened senses, he probably would have never found it.

Little had he known that that purse would change his life. He didn't know that if he picked it up, he would spend hours, days even on researching every single thing he could on Proiettile Velenoso. He didn't know that he'd get an enemy other than Hawkmoth if he had picked it up.

So he picked it up.

As he lifted the light bag up, something hard and small fell and hit the ground. It made a sound as if someone had hit something metal and rolled down to his foot.

A bullet.

That was how it started anyways. Though it may have started out as a bad night, it slowly turned into an amazing night. After doing some research about a bullet, he stumbled upon Proiettile Velenoso.

Instead of staying in his room, crying to himself, he had decided that a certain Princess would be graced with that presence of a certain black cat. Racing through the night, blending in with the dark sky, Chat Noir ran across buildings as he ran the familiar path to a very popular bakery in Paris.

He sloppily landed on the balcony, nearly knocking over the potted plants as he rolled across the cement before roughly hitting the wall. He heard a creak, coming from the trapdoor that lead into Marinette's room as said girl opened the rickety wood door.

"Chat Noir?" Her soft voice called out to him. She gasped as she saw him sprawled out on the floor groaning.

"Chat Noir!" She crawled off of her bed and walked over to him, giving him a hand. He grimaced and took her hand, pushing himself up.