Focus on...

So now you're geared up, you can write your notice.

But the first time I went to write a notice, I was all ready to go, but then I realised that I had no idea what to write. Now I know, and I'm sharing it with you. Basically, you need to include:

What is you're copyrighting (eg. Text), your name or or company name (often the same - eg. Name - Ariel Parker ™ or Company Name - ArielParker_™ ) and the year/years it's written in.

If it was all written once and for all in 2013, you would just write '2013'. But if you plan to continue it into the next year, you would write '2013-'. And if it took you multiple years to complete, but you've already finished, you might write '2012-2013'. Lastly, if you wrote it, then republished it, for whatever reason, you might write '2013, 2015, 2016, 2020' or maybe '2012-2013, 2015, 2020, 2022'.

If you have the artwork or text, or anything by someone other than you in the story, write their name/company as well. For example:

Text copyright © ArielParker_™ 2013

Illustrations copyright © AlexaJordan_™ 2013

Btw, I made up the illustrators name.

Next you need to state, loud and clear, that you own the rights to the story. So you would write about the moral rights being asserted to the author.

Not only do you own the rights, but you reserve them. Say that too. 'All rights reserved.' No one can argue that.

Then write what conditions the story is published under. This is most often that it is not reproduced in any way. If you're writing this in a book, you would talk about reselling, photocopying, any way of reproducing, and the same for an electronic story. But in that case you need to make sure there are no loopholes, and they can't reproduce it in hard copy or electronically.

Usually you would say that all of the above is not allowed without the author's consent.

Let them know that, if they go against what you've written, they've broken the law.

If you're feeling really nice, you can tell the reader that if they like, they may create a copy, but only for personal, noncommercial use, and only with written permission.

They must not distribute those copies to anyone else, and they must preserve any copyright contained in or associated with them.

Then, leave your business only email address, so that people may contact you to request written permission.

Then, just remind them that you reserve all rights. :)

Text copyright © ArielEve ™ 2013

The moral right of the author has been asserted. All rights reserved. This story is published subject to the condition that it shall not be reproduced or retransmitted in whole or in part, in any manner, without the written consent of the copyright holder, and any infringement of this is a violation of copyright law.

A single copy of the materials available in this story may be made, solely for personal, noncommercial use. Individuals must preserve any copyright or other notices contained in or associated with them. Users may not distribute said copies to others, whether or not in electronic form or in hard copy, without prior written consent of the copyright holder of the materials. Contact information for requests for permission to reproduce or distribute materials available through this course are listed below:

Email no longer available to public, apologies for any inconvenience.