Boys

"How was your trip here, Liesel?" Manfred asked.

"It was quite nice actually. I'm just excited to be here and prove that girls can do more than everyone thinks."

"As well as serve the fatherland?"

"Of course, Manfred. How has your stay at the base been."

"Well I am still not fully in command yet, but I hope to someday become leader of the fleet."

They walked through the base heading towards a group of Manfred's close friends on the base. Their names were Werner Voss, Kurt Wolff, Friedrich Sternberg, and Hanno Koffler Lehmann.

Voss was tall with a wide, stocky,muscular frame. He had light brown hair like dirt that has been in the sun for a long time and brown eyes.

Wolff was a shorter to medium height with a lanky frame. He had brown hair with light blue eyes and was very friendly.

Sternberg was what was a normal height for men in Germany. He had blonde hair that was parted on the left side and was slicked smoothly at an angled towards the sides and back of his head. On his head he wore the kippot that he always wore since he was Jewish. His face was serious at the moment.

Lehmann was around an inch shorter than Sternberg. He had brown hair split on the right and slicked down the sides like Sternberg with brown eyes.

They all were wearing their flight scarves and jackets as was usual with most of the pilots. Manfred had told Liesel in his letters and in person when he could about his friends and his adventures as a fighter pilot for the German Empire. He was Liesel's inspiration and he even taught her how to fly a plane as well as shoot while staying in control.

Voss was the first one to speak," Well, look who it is. The soon to be female pilot Liesel. Manfred here has told us all about his childhood friend."

"Manfred has told me about his close friends at the flight base that are supposedly some of the best pilots if not the best pilots to take flight for the German Empire."

"I wouldn't want to brag," Voss said chuckling.

"Well I wouldn't want to brag about being the only female pilot in the entire fleet. And possibly even the best over all of you."

The boys all gasped mockingly. They became quick friends. Liesel told the men about how she became a pilot with the help of Manfred von Richtofen. All of them were intrigued that a female could possibly be a pilot let alone a fighter pilot. They went on like this while just talking until Manfred who had left a little bit earlier said," My friend who is a British pilot was killed. I say let's go visit his funeral as fellow pilots." Everyone grinned at the thought that they got to fly. "Well we will see exactly what you are made up of, Liesel."