I Never Wanted This

I was having the time of my life. I was with Ashanti and Nash, and I actually felt awesome for once. We had the outcast base surrounded, and were about to attack, when something I never wanted to happen...happened. A messenger from the outcast Mountain Clan brought a laptop with a live video chat from his leader. I didn't recognize the man. He was tall, muscular beyond belief, and had scars all over his face, arms, and neck.

He had nine tail eyes , a goldish yellow color, with a hint of copper in it. He had an ugly, self-righteous sneer plastered on his face, and I knew that we were in trouble.

"I see you guys finally showed up. What kept you?" The outcast leader sneered.

"Get off of our land." Ashanti growled.
"I'm not going anywhere. And to guarantee that you leave us alone, I got myself a nice hostage. I'm sure you know him." He said and then signaled to someone off camera. My heart was pounding so fast it was painful. I had a feeling I knew who this outcast was referring to. But I had hoped that he was speaking about someone else.

But my whole body felt weak when large hands dragged Evan Cadwell into view and set him firmly next to the outcast leader. Evan's eyes darted everywhere as he took in his surroundings. His eyes where bright and his chest rose and fell like a frightened birds. He had a wide strip of duct tape over his mouth so he couldn't speak. He must have been terrified out of his mind.

"We do not know this boy. And foxes don't care about human hostages, you should know this." Nash said firmly.

"If you surrender peacefully, we promise to kil you quickly." Arsen added and Ashanti gave him a firm nod of approval.

"Oh, but one of you do know this boy. Isn't that right, little fox? I know that this human sheltered you after my men failed to kill you as instructed." He said to me, his voice hardening in displeasure.

"Tayto? Is that true?" Arsen asked me in a low voice and I hung my head in shame. I should have protected Evan better. Now look what happened.

"Yes. It's true. I didn't mention Evan because I wanted to keep him out of trouble. But it looks like trouble found him anyway." I said forlornly.

"You cannot attack us. Not with this human in our grasp. You owe him your life, it's a binding debt until fully paid." The outcast purred in a sickeningly sweet voice. But over the speaker in the laptop, it sounded like he was deep throating gravel.

I felt my chest constrict at the mention of the debt. Kitsune, or fox spirits, unlike any other mystical creature, have two rules of absolute placed on us.
We can't lie, not even those little white lies, and we always have to pay back our debts. These rules were set in stone, and could not be bent.
This meant that if Ashanti and the others attacked, and consequently endangered Evan, my own life would be at risk. My fox orb, the source of all of my powers and immortality, would be revoked and I would become a regular fox. I would be doomed to become a dumb beast and die due to a short life span.
Ashanti couldn't attack, not while Evan was in the way, but we couldn't leave because what would stop the outcasts from harming him when we weren't around?

We were stuck.

"Here. Let's see what this young human has to say about it. Hear him beg for you to save him." The outcast said as he ripped the duct tape off of Evan's mouth.
"YOU FRIGGIN' MOUTHER FUCKER!!" Evan screamed the second the tape was off of his mouth. His voice was strong and filled with fury. His eyes were flashing in defiance as he glared at the man who abducted him.

"UNTIE MY HANDS RIGHT NOW!! I'LL SHOW YOU THE TRUE MEANING OF FEAR!! COME AT ME, YOU WORTHLESS PILE OF SHIT! I'LL BEAT YOU SIX WAYS FROM SUNDAY AND THEN SOME!! I'M READY TO KILL MYSELF SOME BITCHES!!" Evan screamed, taking everyone by surprise.
"MOTHER FUCKING ASS WIPE! THE FILTHY ANAL CANAL OF SATAN! WHEN I AM DONE WITH YOU, YOU'LL HAVE A PUSSY INSTEAD OF A DICK! I'M GONNA RUN MY FIST SO FAR UP YOUR ASS, THAT YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO SHIT FOR A MONTH! I'M GOING TO RECTIFY THE SORRY EXCUSE OF A LIVING BEING THAT YOU ARE, AND PUT THE FEAR OF GOD IN YOU!" Evan continued, but he didn't stop there. He just kept on screaming and cussing and ranting, that everyone honestly didn't know what to do.

Eventually, the outcast leader came to his senses and motioned for Evan to be dragged away.
"HEY! I'M NOT DONE WITH YOU, THE NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS!! FIGHT ME! I'LL GIVE THAT FUCK FACE OF YOURS A WHOLE NEW BATCH OF SCARES!!!" Evan screamed, kicking and thrashing as he was dragged off camera.

"If you don't want this boy to die,then leave!" The leader told us over Evan's howls of fury in the background. Suddenly, Evan's shoe came hurtling from off camera and struck the leader upside the head with extreme force. The fox growled and it took a few seconds for him to recover.
"You've been warned. Come any closer and the boy dies." He growled low in his throat and then the connection cut off.

There was an uncomfortable minute of silence, as the messanger scurried off with the laptop, and I wondered if I was about to be punished for hiding Evan. But suddenly, Ashanti started laughing.

"That boy has spirit!" Ashanti praised, clapping me hard on the back. I winced as I felt my back ache.

"Indeed. I like him. It would be a pity if he were to die." Nash added and my eyes widened in understanding.

"We're going to save him?" I asked them hopefully and Arsen nodded.

"Yup. He's a real character. I can't wait to meet him." Arsen smiled at me in a mischievous way.

"Not to mention that you owe him a debt." Nash reminded me, killing the mood.

"Men! New plan! Save the human named Evan Cadwell!" Ashanti called out in his thundering battle cry.