Prophecies of Jesus and of the End of the Age

Linking the Old and New Testaments, there are literally hundreds of prophecies about the coming of Messiah that Jesus fulfilled during his first advent.
*Jesus would be born in Bethlehem (Micah 5:2; Matthew 2:1-2).
* As a “lamb” he would be without blemish and without a bone broken (Exodus 12:5, 46; John 19:31-36; 1 Peter 1:19).
*He would be betrayed by a familiar friend (Psalm 41:9; John 13:18).
* He would be “numbered with the transgressors” (Isaiah 53:12; Matthew 27:38).

By contrast, Islam cannot point to any prophecies about Mohammed from centuries before his birth.
Other prophecies of the Bible about Jesus' return and the end of the age are being fulfilled visibly before our very eyes. The ending of the old order, and the beginning of Christ's Kingdom, were to come in a time of unprecedented world trouble (Daniel 12:1; Matthew 24:21, 22).
This we have seen in two world wars and the development of atomic weapons which could wipe out all life on the earth. Prophetically, a final cataclysm, Armageddon, is yet impending.
But the end of the Age would also be the time for the regathering of Daniel’s “people,” Israel, in preparation for the Kingdom (Daniel 12:1). Israel would be like a “fig tree” putting forth “leaves” (Jeremiah 24:5, 6; Matthew 24:32). Thus we see after eighteen centuries Jews returning to their Land beginning in 1878, the Zionist movement since 1897, the Balfour Declaration in 1917 and the reestablishment of the State of Israel in 1948. However, together with the regathering, prophecy indicates it will be accompanied with “travail” (Jeremiah 30:3-7).