Chap: 15

~ Nothing, but trouble ~

Claire got into the check up area to give sample blood and all other testing, that needed to be done also checking up the baby's health and also who actually was the father I sighed leaning on the wall then heard the elevator door open I got in to where I had to see another patient before I left, the doors opened I walked out towards my patients room until I spotted El, sitting inside the room all by her self "El you're still here" I got inside to see a quite El playing with her crutches too busy drawing circles with them, she looked at me, I could tell she was very tired, Scarlett should be here, I'm really beginning to worry for her "do you want me to call her" she just nodded inaudible. I rang up Scarlett, again it went to voicemail, something didn't feel right, I rang again still going directly to voicemail, I had no choice now "Hi it's Aaron, El has been waiting you for long" I paused and asked how long she waited for Scarlett, an hour and a half my heart skipped a beat, I'm really beginning to worry this wasn't her at all "she waited you more than an hour and a half Scarlett, if you have something that you're busy with tell me so I could take El home on your behalf, thanks" I hang up and looked at El looking at her crutches, I wanted to ask both of them to come today for dinner but looks like one down another to go "you know what I'll take you instead of Scarlett, home, for today" she agreed then got up with her crutches supporting her weight, we got down to the parking lot of the hospital, El followed slowly, as I got her inside the car safely, we drove off, two blocks down I purposely missed the hotel "why did you skip our hotel it was" she pointed out with her fingers, I reassured her that it was fine, that she would joining me and my mum for dinner, so she didn't need to worry, not with me.

When I reached home I smiled, getting out I helped El, then we walked inside the house, where my mum looked like she just finished making dinner, the soft music of Michael Bublé played in background, when she spotted us, she excitedly greeted El, they started to laugh and talk while I was just standing there, I coughed lightly breaking the silence, both of them looked at me at the same time "mum I'll be back I need to get some gas you two have dinner I'll come back have it later" mum unexpectedly hugged me, I hugged back smiling, I waved then walked out with my keys in my hand

Stacey's pov

I can't wait to see the girls, I made so many things, for all of us, suddenly, I heard the door open, I went to the radio changing the song to one of my favourite Michael Bublé song. I heard foot steps approach as I plated up the table, I sow El just in front of my son I excitedly approached her, I'm so happy she's on crutches, she can finally move, like she wanted, I'm really happy for this girl she deserves all this commotion, I looked again at my son, I wonder where Scarlett was, he gave me that look, the same look when my other son, Alex, was pronounced dead, years ago, it was worrying but I didn't want or let that affect my good mood, embracing El in a hug, I looked as El did at him "mum I'll be back I need to get some gas you two have dinner I'll come back have it later" I just nodded, before he was about to leave, I hugged him, sometimes he scares me, because I feel, he still blames himself for Alex's death, which I always told him it wasn't, I let go, there was a feeling that he wasn't his usual self, he smiled taking his keys and walked out "he looks worried, it makes me worried" El sat slowly on the chair "you shouldn't dear, he has that affect when something is bothering him" I half lied, I hope it's something in between what I just said, I started plating up the table, putting some food into El's and my own plate, we started eating and El talked about how she had another few months left until she leaves for Australia, I smiled I'm happy she came so far.