Black Persuasion ~ Part Eleven ~ A Vampire Romance

*******************

Mam and dad managed to get around me to enter this stupid competition. They really wouldn't shut up about it.

All I heard was talent, talent, waste, talent and something else as well but I tuned out after I heard the word talent be repeated a few times.

So I said yes, to shut them up.

I will know tomorrow if I have won a spot.

Yippee, not! I don't know why I'm not excited, I'm just not. Simple as.

*************************

Katie didn't find out why I was fired. I quote, ' Nope, they wouldn't tell me anything! And I tried and tried to find info but they wouldn't budge. I don't think they know why, Hannah. Louie honestly didn't know.'

I said thanks and that I guess it didn't matter anyway.

My phone ring tone went of with ' Watcha say.' playing and I grabbed it and answered it quickly.

' hello?' I said, this time polite.

'hi, may I speak to Hannah please?' the mysterious man asked. Well I know for sure its not Michelle.

' yes, speaking.' I said, again politely.

' oh great. Just ringing to let you know that your picture has been nominated for 'young minds today' competition at the under 21's gala. Do you accept?' the man sounded all formal and posh .

' err yup , I accept.' I said hesitantly.

' wonderful!' he chirped.

The word wonderful, made me think of Joshua. I now hated the word.

' that's great! So you know its in two days right? And this is a formal thing so escorts are to wear shirt and tie and you a dress.' he said.

' I don't have a escort.' I said a little too quickly.

' oh well that's fine. You are allowed to take 3 people with you so it is whom ever you choose.' he said sounding distracted.

' ok..' I said thinking.

' I have to go. I'll see you there Hannah. Chow for now darling.' he said bubbly.

Then the phone went dead.

I rang Katie and invited her along with Louie. I was glad because she sounded really excited. She said that I could stay in her house the night before and borrow a dress, so its all good! J

Everything in my life is going to complication-free. Now that Joshua is out of my life, I can finally continue and live like a normal teenager and hopefully forget later on that vampires etc do exist.

I opened the doors of my wardrobe to ensure myself of not having anything fancy to wear for tomorrow night. Yep, zilch. Nothing remotely fancy. I'll just have to take Katie up on that offer of hers.

I grabbed my packed bag for the night and flung it over my shoulder.

' bye mam, dad, I will be here tomorrow before I head for the gala because I want to get ready here.' I said before I opened the door.

' then why are you staying at Katie's , if you're not even getting ready at her house? I thought that was the whole point...' my mam shouted from the kitchen.

' yeah I know. I wanted a girls night. I gotta go because Katie expected me over there a hour ago.' I said quickly stepping out and closing the door behind me.