Fangirl Terms

Fangirl- a subspecies of homosapiens that obsess over a book, movie/tv show, person, or anime/manga.

Ship- the wanting of two people/creatures/things to be in a relationship, often romantically.

OTP- Someone's "one true pairing." It is one of their main ships, and despite the name, fangirls never have only one.

Fanfiction- This is self explanatory. It is when a fan writes a fictional version of what they wanted to happen, or what they imagined could happen. For short it can be called fanfic, or ff.

Fanart- Once again, self explanatory. This is when a fan draws their own version of a scene or character. It can be similar or different to the real thing.

AU- Contrary to the astronomy definition, AU stands for Alternate Universe. It is when a fan creates a whole new world of what could have happened if the circumstances had been different, or it could be completely different.

Canon- It is a fan term meaning official. While it can sink ships, it is not a physical thing that launches metal balls. That is a cannon.

Fandom- A certain group of fangirls. For example, the Percy Jackson fandom. Everyone in the fandom loves PJ and they can bond because of that. And yes, people can belong to multiple fandoms.

OOC - Out Of Character. When a certain character acts unlike they normally would. This is most often not intentional or in any way for the story plot. Readers most of the time hate it.

OC - Own Character. A character that someone creates for themselves or others.

Yes, there are fanboys

Yes, there are fanboys. Comment down below any terms you may want to know. 👇