Chapter 1

Tom and I were not really boyfriend and girlfriend. He was three and a half years older than me. He was a excellent tennis player with sure and calm strides. At 16, his parents allowed him to drive during the day, and he often brought me home in his gray Dodge.

After I turned 14, he started asking if I wanted to go to a movie or dinner with him. I just wanted to say yes but then I would get this jumpy feeling inside my stomach and always change my mind. His brown eyes looked into mine, both pleasing and frightening me.

Gradually I started to stay longer in his car taking about things that troubled me. My elder sister had lot of boyfriends, and  even though I worshipped her, she mostly dint want anything to do with me. A lot of pain is experienced by me around my relationship with my parents who got divorced when I was 11. I dint know anyone else with a broken family like mine. I could talk about this to Tom. He was reassuring and I began to trust him.

As time passed by, I was ready to go to the movies with him. We also enjoyed hanging out at my house.I loved to watch TV with Tom so that I could cuddle with him on the couch.

When he kissed me for the first time, I was there at his house during heavy rain and thunderstorm, watching basket ball game on television. I ran up to my sister's room when I got home. I must have looked goofy as I stood in her doorway and announced "Tom kissed me."
"So?" She said.
"Was that the first time?"

"Yeah." I nodded.

"What have you guys been doing all this time?" she demanded.

Tom dated other girls, and I went out with other boys. But I was horrified when a blind date tried to put his tongue in my mouth. Only Tom understood that I needed to move slowly and he always patient with me.

Even though Tom reassured me many times that our relationship is special by saying, "It doesn't matter whether or not I have a girlfriend or you have a boyfriend; I will always be there for you"

I still got jealous when I saw him interested in someone else. Tom got engaged to a girl from out of town. As a bride and groom said good bye to everyone, Tom came over to me and kissed me on my cheek. "I love you," he said.

He remained true to his word. Whenever I needed to talk with him, he was there. I got jealous when I saw him being so romantic with his wife, but that changed when I and she became friends.

Our lives were very different but I always felt a current of love go through me when I saw him. No one had ever understood the bond between us. I'm not sure we did. But it was, and it will be always there.....!

A/n: Heya! So this is a short story.. Hit like and comment below! Luv yu all :*