Chapter 6: Nightmares

That night, Ciel lay in his bed, thinking. The case was getting out of hand. Sebastian would not tell that it was Ciel who was the killer, so he was safe. But the Queen needed an answer. So Ciel thought. Who could be The Pervert? It would have to be a man, a well-known pervert. He would look to Sebastian's list of suspects to see who would make the perfect scapegoat. Rolling over, Ciel pulled his own list out of his bedside table. Carefully, he crossed of Carla's name, and looked below it. There was no one else. Ciel smiled smiled to himself. He had the night off then. Perfect. Shifting onto his stomach, he smiled again. Finally. He thought. A full night's sleep. Sebastian really needs to stop picking up women. Ciel yawned, eyelids drooping. Maybe I'll ban him for a while...

Ciel coughed, feeling only smoke in his lungs. It's alright.He tried to assure himself. You're in bed, asleep. You're not here. Any moment now, Sebastian will arrive with your tea... Somewhere inside the inferno, someone screamed. Ciel trembled. Shaking himself, he ran. He knew what was ahead. But he still had to see.

He burst into his father's study. The blue-haired man sat in his chair, now Ciel's. He was still. Too still. "Father!" Ciel cried. He frantically looked for a way to get to Vincent, but everything was on fire. The smallest flames where knee-high, the biggest were twice as big as Ciel. Ciel jumped as another room collapsed. "Father!" he cried again, stepping closer. The flames were almost licking his toes. Then Vincent moved. "F-father?" Ciel began to smile. His father was tall, able to step over the flames. Even if it was just a dream, he wanted to escape with his father. Vincent raised his head fully.

"Ahhh!" Sebastian raced to his master's room. "Ahh! No! No! No no no no no no NO! NOOOOOOOOO!" Ciel screamed, thrashing.

"Bochan!" Sebastian gasped, automatically crawling onto his lord's bed. Ciel lay directly in the middle of it. Sebastian shoved his arms under his master, and scooped him up. Cradling him like a baby, Sebastian began to rock. "Shh Bochan. Shh. Everything is all right. It's okay. Shh..." Ciel clung to Sebastian. His hands held the butler's tailcoat in a death grip. Sebastian could feel a wet patch on his shoulder from his master's tears. The boy was sobbing and whimpering, his head pressed firmly into the crook of Sebastian's neck. He was shaking like a leaf.

"S-Sebastian..." Ciel whimpered.

"I'm right here Bochan. You are all right. Don't fret. It's okay, Bochan." Sebastian whispered, still rocking the boy. The door opened, and Sebastian looked up. Bard, Finny and Mey-Rin stood there, looking uncertain but worried.

"I-Is the young master okay?" Mey-Rin asked. Sebastian motioned them away.

"He appears to be having a nightmare. Don't worry. I have it under control." he said, smiling at them. They nodded.

"O-okay..." Mey-Rin stuttered.

"I'll make the young master a cup of my special hot chocolate!" Bard grinned. Finny and Mey-Rin nodded determinedly. Sebastian rolled his eyes internally.

"That will not be necessary. Go back to bed." he said, still smiling. The three servants turned tail and ran, terrified. Sebastian had been admitting an evil aura when he spoke. They knew what that meant.

"Now..." Sebastian turned back to his master. "Bochan, it is time to wake up." he said. Ciel stirred, but remained clamped to Sebastian. "Bochan." Sebastian said again.

"I'm awake." Ciel growled, turning his head, revealing his bright blue eye.

"Good. I will fetch you some warm milk and honey then." Sebastian tried to lay the boy back down, but Ciel wrapped his legs around Sebastian so he couldn't. "Bochan." Sebastian pulled at his master's legs, but Ciel was unrelenting.

"Take me with you. I don't trust myself not to fall back asleep. I don't want another nightmare." Ciel said the last part almost fearfully, whispering the words. His body trembled, and Sebastian sighed.

"Very well, my lord." His butler said, lifting Ciel and walking out.

A/N: I'm sorry for not updating! Gomen! Gomen! I didn't know what to write, so I haven't updated. Sorry if you were sitting there to wait for me to update. Gomen!

Please tell me, my ducklings, is my writing good? I'm not sure how good I am. Please vote and comment, my ducklings. Makes me feel appreciated.

Next chapter will have romance!

StickKid out!