Part 7 - ECLIPSE

It was in her hotel room one night after a tiring day of recording for their second album, when Camila decided to take a leap of faith.

It was 11PM, she had just finished a chapter in rereading To Kill A Mockingbird, her favorite book, which happened to be Lauren's favorite too. She had been thinking about a lot of things as she was reading and she decided that it was now or never. It's either she takes a leap and talks to Lauren or she just lets herself drown in her what-ifs and should-haves.

Despite Camila noticing that she was slowly moving on, she was becoming more confident in herself little by little and even sure of herself. She took pride that she was changing for the better. Dinah noticed it too which is why the younger girl left her more alone to deal with things. It wasn't a big change, but she was getting there and getting to be the Camila Cabello that she always wanted to be despite not being completely sure of herself.

She barely acknowledged it before but she was very insecure and even jealous of Lauren. The other girl seemed to have her life together since way back; she had more friends, was popular, and seemed like the manic-pixie-dream girl in every sense. It took a while for her to finally get over her insecurity from the other girl and accept herself for all that she is.

In spite of it all, part of her still longed for Lauren.

It's been a month since she last talked to Lauren and nothing progressed for them. She was tired. She was tired of just expressing her pent-up feelings from her tweet indirects and tumblr reblogs. She decided that she needed to do something and not settle for less. She had to face Lauren again.

She remembered what Lauren told her years ago, in their tour bus. "I'm always on the other side of the door, I'm always going to be waiting for you,". Her heart ached at the thought of the words. Would Lauren still be on the other side? Would Lauren still be waiting for her? The words were old but she knew Lauren meant what she said.

She crept out of the hallway and to the room a few doors down she knew to be Lauren's. The hallway was empty and she made sure it was. She took a breath and rocked in her heels before knocking thrice on the door. It made a hollow sound and Camila's heart started racing.

Camila knocked at the wooden hotel room door silently. She had just snuck out of the hotel room she shared with her mom. Her hair in pigtails and wearing a pink sweater, she exhaled in relief as the door opened and Lauren was before her wearing a navy blue pullover. Lauren looked bothered until she laid eyes on Camila and Lauren's eyes softened and then she smiled and let her in.

Camila didn't realize that she had been staring for almost a minute at the door that clearly wasn't going to be opened. Her heart sank as she made her way back to her room and buried her head in her pillow. Lauren was probably out, she wasn't waiting in her room unlike before. She really had changed, and maybe even moved on from her like she had feared.

Camila remembered what she told Lauren after that night many years ago at the tour bus. She promised Lauren that she wanted her the same way. Lauren told her promises were meant to be broken, and that Camila shouldn't promise her anything. Lauren was right, Camila would grow to break that promise. Camila hated that even before, Lauren was always right.

It wasn't new to her but she cried herself to sleep.

/

Camila was woken up by the noisy sound of someone knocking on her door.

She groaned. It was probably Dinah. Her head still on the pillow, .she called out "Dinah, I swear to God if you-"

She heard the sound of the door swing open as she hadn't locked it, and turned around expecting to see the Polynesian girl wearing her pajamas but was surprised to see a drunken girl, wearing her signature letterman jacket over a black shirt and ripped jeans.