3.

HIS

Jeanine and Jeron's relationship didn't end very badly, so they were able to salvage the friendship. Even though they're no longer committed, Jeanine never left Jeron's side. Instead, she chose to stick around and be his friend. But, of course, the break-up hurt her. It's sad when your relationship with the man you love the most has to end because he's no longer sure of himself. Jeron felt sorry about their break-up, too, because he knew that he loved Jeanine; he couldn't give himself to her like he used to. They both know that it's an ideal relationship, but they have to let it go, and now they're trying to make it work again. Unfortunately, they never talk about it after it falls out, as if it never happened.

"Aren't you going to sign up for Gilas?" Jeanine asked as she put some veggies in the cart. Jeron agreed to join her in buying her groceries once a month. Though he doesn't like doing it, he realizes that it's not that bad either because he's getting used to it again.

"Pinag-iisipan ko pa." Jeron answered, maneuvering the cart towards the drinks section.

"Bakit naman? You've been dreaming of being part of it. Tsaka matagal ka na nilang hinihintay." Jeanine started putting in the bottles she got. Then, she walked past the next section for her snacks. "It will be better for you since you want to be busy."

"I don't think I'm ready for it. Kakasimula ko pa lang sa PBA."

"Everyone knows that you're more than ready for it." Jeanine pointed out, putting another bag of chips in the cart.

"Mentally, I'm not," he muttered, putting the two bags of chips back on the stall before turning to the next lane.

Jeanine gave him an inquiring look, "Bakit mo binalik?"

Sabi ni Mika just a maximum of two for a week. That makes eight in one month. "Sobra ka na ng dalawa."

"Ha?"

Wrong move, Jeron. He shook his head and grabbed some cookies, "replace it with this one, don't eat too many chips."

"Okay." Jeanine shrugged, "paborito ko yun pero sige, babawasan ko na sabi mo."

"Good girl" he winked before pushing the cart ahead, leaving Jeanine smiling.

"Bolero talaga kahit kailan." she uttered, trailing after him exactly what she's been doing since they called it quits, making sure that he's okay, that nothing will go wrong, and that he'll be safe, always.

"Where to go next?" Jeron asked, looking behind to see her face entirely.

She smiled, "frozen goods, and then we're done."

"Okay!" he exclaimed and pushed the cart like a teen boy playing with his siblings in the supermarket.

"Ang kulit mo." Jeanine retorted when she reached his place. She opened the freezer and grabbed some hot dogs, ham, and bacon.

"Done na?" he asked after she put them inside.

She looks over the goods in the cart and says, "Yes."

Jeron beamed and started pushing the cart. They're finally off to pay it already. Before, he needed someone to go with him to do his groceries. Now it's him who's helping out, Jeanine. He knows he needs to fight his demons one step at a time, and practicing these things again will be a big help.