I Hate Confrontation.

I managed to get out to Tré's car and into the passenger seat before I started to hyperventilate. If I was going on my own then it wouldn't be too bad, but Tré there too? What was I going to do if things got out of hand? I couldn't fight back, but I couldn't look like a pathetic imp in front of my friend.

"Hey, Billie, don't worry, okay? I'll be there the whole time."

"That's... what I'm... worried... about..." I gasped, trying to swallow back the strained wheezing.

"Why?"

"I... think I should... go in on my... own..."

He paused before answering, "Okay... but I'm staying right outside the door."

I nodded and looked out the window at the steadily passing buildings.
The ride was too short and I was soon breathing heavily again. Tré tried to smile reassuringly at me, but I couldn't find the nerve to smile back. I got out of the car, my legs almost failing me, and went to the front door. I knocked three times, as always, and Olivia answered within seconds.

"Decided to come back did we?" She crossed her arms.

"I wanted to talk."

"Well it's about fucking time."

I stepped inside, not looking back and automatically went to the living room, the room had a window that Tré might be able to see through in case there was trouble. He'd parked his car round the corner so that she wouldn't see him pull up.

"So, are you here to apologise?"

"No, I'm here to get my things." I was surprised at how confident I sounded.

She unfolded her arms and balled her hands into fists. "What?"

"I said... I'm here to get my things. I'm leaving, Olivia... and I'm not coming back..."

"Oh really? Do you want this to be all over the news, do you?"

"Want what to be all over the news? If you tell anyone I've been beaten by a girl, they'll know that you've been abusing me. You can't do that without dropping yourself in it..."

"I can tell them you pushed me down." She said quickly, her own confidence fading.

"But I can show them the bruises... they're still all over me. I've taken pictures of them too, and if I go now, everyone can see what you did to me."

She strode towards me, stopping inches from my face. I cowered away slightly, but knowing Tré was close by made me feel a lot less frightened.
"And what will everyone say about it?"

"I don't care anymore. I need to get away from you... you're poisonous."

She lunged at me, smacking me in the face and grabbing hold of my hair. I yelped in shock and my legs gave way, used to the routine of giving up before anything had even started. She held my head against the floor by my hair and pressed her knee painfully in between my shoulder blades.
"Be like that then!" She screamed at me, pulling my hair until my eyes watered.

"Why do you do this to me? I thought you loved me!" I winced in pain.

"I do love you!"

"You don't! If you did then you wouldn't be doing this!"

"You don't do anything I ask!"

"I do everything you ask!" I argued weakly, "I tried to give you everything, I stayed with you when you were hurting me for Christ's sake! Because I didn't want to hurt you! And this is what you do? How the fuck is that fair?!"

"Don't you dare make me out to be the bad guy!" She growled, her lips inches from my right ear. "No one feels sorry for you!"
She released my hair and held my arm behind my back, then pushed it up slowly until I cried out. She stopped, leaving it that painful position, and I heard the smile in her voice. "Isn't it easier when you just do as you're told?"

"Fuck you!" I spat, the pain making me dizzy.

She grabbed a fistful of my hair and smashed my head against the floor. That was when I blacked out.