Chapter 1: Putting My Heart Into Every Cursive Letter

The lingering light was obliterated by the rapidly falling night. A canopy of luminous stars materialized amongst the ocean of blackness. Some were dull, merely flickering into existence every now and then, but there was an adequate amount of shimmering stars to illuminate the dark, moonless night.

While this was up in the sky. Everyone at the local high school, was in a state of dreaming, in a make believe land. Whether in bed,  or sleepwalking, without even noticing it. They were preparing for the next day.

Everyone except one fairy...

In the light of a single candle, Faybelle Thorn drew illustration of herself on turquoise cadrstock papers. The air was still and the flame barely flickered. It was steady and bright enough to relieve the darkness of the room. The items around the candle cast shadows that radiated out as hands on an old analogue clock would. The wick blackened and the wax slowly turned to liquid, running down the side and onto the glass plate.  

Next week was Faybelle's birthday. Since it was in the same week as a certain Independent Good Girl, no one celebrated it, but this year was going to be different. This year was going to be her year.

Faybelle finally finished the last illustration. She picked up the blue cadstock, along with several others, as if they were made of gold, and tied them all in a black ribbon.

Any professional birthday-planner would have told the platinum-haired fairy to buy invitations, instead of making them herself, but she found the magic in handmade invitations, not pre-made ones.

She glanced at the clock. 3.00 AM. Even though not much night was left, she decided to sleep anyway. Faybelle put the invitations back on the desk. 

She changed into a tiffany blue loose-fitting nightgown. It pooled around her like liquid silk. The silk caressed her skin like a cool autumn breeze. She fell into the bed and pulled the thick, plush comforter to her chin.  

Faybelle could hear her roommate, Bunny Blanc's, sweet snores. She had never understood why The Headmasters Grimm paired her up with Bunny. Why not someone from her own story? Like Briar Beauty? Or another villain? Like Raven Queen? Or another fairy? At least, she'd know how to take care of those wings! Out of all those people, they paired her up with a clock-obessed rabbit!

By twenty minutes, She had wriggled so much that the night gown was right up around her waist and bunched uncomfortably behind her back. PJ's or nothing - that's her rule. 

At least, it used to be until The Headmasters Grimm trapped her mother into The Mirror Realm. Now, Faybelle couldn't wear PJ's to bed because all of them had pom poms made on them, and The Dark Fairy hated anything and everything related to Cheerhexing. 

Just as she was about to be buried in sleep, she felt like someone was watching her. It couldn't be Bunny, she was wrapped in profound sleep. It had to be her mother, watching her through her vanity mirror.

"Mother?" She asked as quietly as she could. She was replied by a turquoise light, which was hopefully coming from inside the mirror.

She had found her answer, her mother had been looking over her.

Faybelle pulled the the sapphire-blue comforter over her head and turned around, quietly thanking god for making her wear an uncomfortable night gown, instead of a comfortable pair of PJ's.

For the first time, she felt scared of her mother. She didn't cared about sleeping anymore, she wanted to get away from her mother as soon as possible. 

For the first time, she understood why Raven disliked her mother, why she didn't wanted to be evil. 

For once, Faybelle wasn't feeling evil...