4. "jealous"

R O S E

"I just got a text from Sophia," I look over at Sammy as he was playing a video game. His concentration on the television screen.

"Yeah? What did it say?" His fingers moving constantly on the controller.

"She wants to hang out with us. I honestly want to go. Want to see how she's like," I raise both my eyebrows.

When seeing Sammy's ex there was a bit of a punch in my stomach. I was jealous. Having to keep my composure I had to go on with it, making sure it doesn't look like I'm the type that's overprotective or clingy.

Especially when they exchanged numbers, like why the hell would they need each others numbers for?

But I did want to go. I mean if she does flirt with Sammy I'll break it up, for sure. "Baby, do you really want to go?"

"Yeah, why wouldn't I?"

"You seemed a bit tense back there," he admits, "I know you, Rose."

"I understand-" my phone goes off, another message from Sophia.

Sophia: i also have a boyfriend, so he might be coming too:)

"She's bringing a boyfriend," I nudge him, looking at him as he pauses his Fifa game, turning his head towards me.

"So?"

"So, I won't be tense as some may say," I roll my eyes, making my back fall into the cushion.

"Rose Skylar Martin is jealous?!" He jokingly chuckles as I swat him on the shoulder. No shit I was jealous, Sophia is your ex!

Placing his controller down, I roll my eyes once more.

"Shut up," I annoyingly cry, "she's your ex! For all I know-"

"I don't want you to continue that sentence," he places his pointer finger against my lips, "The thing is you shouldn't be jealous. You're the only girl I have eyes for-you know that, right?"

I take his finger away from my lips as I kiss his cheek, biting my lip as I look up at him. "Shit, Rose. You know what that does to me."

Responding back to Sophia, I tell her we're coming to the address she sent. A few minutes later she responds with a smiley emoticon. "Our meet up is in like an hour, Sammy. I'm going to go shower. You shower in the guest-"

As I stood up as I spoke, Sammy pulled me back down by wrapping his arms around my legs. Pushing himself against me on the leather couch, he looks at me with hard eyes. "Maybe instead we could shower together."

Since I was wearing a V-neck he placed a finger where it connected, pulling my shirt nearly down to see the crease where my breasts lay. Licking his lips, I nod slowly as he picks me up bridal style, leading me upstairs.

"Are you nervous?" Sammy whispers as he takes the keys out of the car, turning off the engine. The car went silent without the radio blasting the music aloud.

"No," I choke.

I was more nervous due to the fact that I have to pretend to be happy with someone that was with Sammy. Alright, yeah.

"Baby, everything's going to be okay." He reassures me, placing a hand on my exposed shoulder.

With only wearing a dress that wrapped around my body without sleeves or anything, I looked over done. Nude lips and a bold smokey eye and Sammy wearing a suit, we looked like we just came from a wedding.

"I'm ready," I announce as Sammy then nods.

We both come out of the car. Looking at the restaurant ahead, it was a sushi bar. Sophia texting me that they were both already there, I figure that we would just join them. Sammy meeting me on my side, he smiles as he links his arm around mine.

Walking in, they allow us to look for our party. After minutes of searching, we find Sophia, sitting down in a booth all alone. "Hey Rose and Sammy, Derek's just in the bathroom."

Derek? Must be a common name, because I swear-

With a tap on the shoulder I turn around to see Derek Luh right infront of me, smirking as he holds out his arms.

D E R E K

"I'm going to use the restroom, Sophia."

"Rose and Sammy are almost here-"

"I know but I just have to go, okay?" I ignore her telling me to sit down as I get up from the booth, making my way to the restroom.

I was so fucking nervous. Like shit, who know a girl I've been in love with and haven't for almost two years will be appearing tonight with me?

Looking at myself in the mirror I was telling myself to wake the fuck up. I couldn't look terrible at all.

I looked different since. Got plenty of tattoos with a little stubble on my face. Grew my hair out a bit and went to the gym more.

Coming out of the restroom, I come out to see her.

With a beige dress that hugged her body, she looked different from behind. She had more...butt.

With her hair longer and she looked a bit taller, I come up behind her, tapping her shoulder.

Turning around, her lips part. Seeing me was such a surprise. I hold out my arms for her just to fall into them.

But she doesn't.