19

"No darling. Raise your hand higher" I ordered Peggy. She quickly obliged. I promised to teach her magic. Well today was finally that day. I've been staying with Ben and Peggy for a little over a week. They told me they don't mind but I feel like I am I intruding their brother/sister moments. I had to go back to Los Angeles. I won't be selfish. Its my own fault for leaving. They shouldn't have been involved in this.
My thoughts were cut short when Peggy began squealing. I look over and see her leaning on the table, looking inside a candle.

"Alice. I did it. I made fire" she giggled. I smiled so wide it hurts. This was a big accomplishment. She only started using magic today and she's been gifted with pyrokinesis. I can tell she would be a powerful witch someday.

"I'm so proud of you." I knelt down and stared at the flame before me. A couple seconds later I pull away.

"You think you can kill the fire?" I asked testing her ability. She nodded and lifter her hand once more. She snapped her fingers and the fire disappeared. She gasped then began to jump in place all while saying I Did It! Over and over again.

"You're gonna be such a powerful witch when you grow up. But for now you can take a break" she nodded and ran into the kitchen. Ben soon comes out and sits by my side.

"How's she been for you?" He asked as he bit into his Apple.

"She's been lovely" I smiled. He stopped mid bite and stare at me questioningly.

"What?" I laughed.

"She's usually always shy. I guess she really likes you" he bit into his Apple and some juice started cascading down his chin. I grabbed a tissue nearby and dabbed the juice from his chin

"I swear I feel like the mother in this house" I muttered under my breathe smiling. I suddenly feel his hands hold onto my wrist. I looked up and see his face, serious for the first time. He slowly leaned in until his lips pressed against mine. For some reason, I kissed back. It was sweet and gentle. Everything I wanted it to be but yet it felt wrong. I slowly pulled away with a grim expression.

"Did I do something wrong?" He asked worriedly. I shook my head.

"I'm sorry Ben. You know I can't" I stare at the floor as I twiddle my thumbs. I could feel his stare boring into the back of my head. After a long pause of silence, he finally spoke up.
"Why not?"

"James is very possesive of me. If he ever finds you, he'll kill you." I tried to explain but he simply shrugged me off, not taking in my warning.

"Alice you're not some toy to be tossed around. I can make you feel happy" he held my hand into his as he stare lovingly into my blue eyes. I raised my hand and cupped his cheeks.

"I can't take the risk. I'm doing this for you." I partially lied. I was doing this for them but I can't tell him the truth. It would only break his heart. And I can't live my life knowing I caused him pain. If only I haven't met James. Maybe then I would've learned to love Ben.

_______

Oh my god. It's been so long that I've been on here. I am at lost for this story and it's starting to become crappy. So I want to make a proposition...
I want a co writer for this story
You'll get full credit for everything you've written. Please I don't want to disappoint fans but I know I won't be able to write this the way I want it too.
So comment if you'd like to be a co writer😊