50

I walk up to my mom's house and knock on the door. She opens it and invites me inside, giving me a hug and a kiss on the cheek. We walk over to the living room and sit down. "So, Josh, how have you been lately? I haven't seen you in like 2 weeks!"

"I'm actually, okay right now, my apartment bills have been paid, I'm doing good at work, and I think I'm going to make a new friend today"

"That's great, but why do you think this about making a new friend?" My mom asked then took a sip of her herbal tea.

"Well yesterday this guy named Tyler came up to me in this music shop and he asked for my number and we have a plan to meet at 1 today at Starbucks and if everything goes well I'm hoping that I will have a friend"

She giggles a little then asks me what he looks like "well, he is about the same age and height as me, he's a little tanner and he has dark brow, short hair, he had brown eyes and is very skinny"

"Sounds like if things go well, you might even have not only a friend but a boyfriend, then a husband, then y'all will adopt kids and grow old together" I look at her stunned while she is just laughing her ass off.

"MOM I'M JUST MAKING A FRIEND OH MY GOD" she laughs a little more causing me to laugh before calming down. We talked a little more before I kissed her cheek and headed out to meet Tyler.