Chapter 19

It was a fight for dominance as Liam and I rolled from one side of the bed to the other. Articles of clothing decorated the floor around us.
He soon won the hot battle, tangling our fingers together on either side of head, and my legs around his waist.
His hair was tangled and messy; making his features even more captivating. And I pulled the light blue tank top over his head, leaving him in only his boxers.
I was in just a pair of yoga pants and my favorite pastel pink laced bra. My hair still curly from this morning, but prominently messier from the heat of the moment.

As he kissed me harder, and my lips became more swollen. I didn't even come to realize the extraction of my claws.
His strong hand moved to my chest, and I ran my fingers roughly down his muscular back.

"AH!" He yelped, and reactively squeezed my hip; making me wince.

He flew off of me, reaching back to hold off the pain, but unable to reach it.

"Oh my god! Babe, lemme see!" I pulled his arm closer to me as I scooted to the end of the bed, turning his body around. The scratches covering his back made me throw my hand over my mouth; which was broadly agape. They had to be at least an inch or two deep, and they ran from his shoulders to his hips.

"Liam..."  I muttered.

He winced, "it's okay -ah- I'll heal." He pinched his eyes shut and balled his fists. But he was right, I looked down and could already see the blood vanishing, and the tissue rebuilding.
The miracle of healing.

"I-I'm so sorry, Liam." I gently touched his back, making him wince again.

"Don't worry about it..." He pulled away from me and threw a black t-shirt over his head. He almost seemed angry as he walked into the bathroom and shut the door.

I slouched and ran my fingers through the roots of my hair, pulling my fringe to the right. I looked back down and noticed the bloody claw marks on my hip from where he squeezed me.

I stood up and lightly touched the incisions, trying to mask the stinging sensation.
I looked back up and saw Liam's perfectly structured figure standing in the door way. His hair was a mess, his eyes bright, and everything about him just... perfect.

I sat back down on the end of the bed, sighing as I slouched over a bit.

"So, Scott came to talk to me after school." Liam came closer to the bed, taking a seat next to me.

"And what did he say?"

"Well..." Liam swiftly brought our hands together, "He mentioned something along the lines of you and me..." He trailed off as he looked down at our hands, "and Theo."
He rubbed his thumb along the back of my hand.

"Liam I-"

"Am I not good enough for you?"

"Liam no-"

"Is it my height? I mean I know I'm kinda short but I can't help it!"

"No-"

"It's my anger isn't it."

I barely got a breath in before he started again.

"I'll start taking my meds again! I can quit lacrosse, and I-I'll talk to my-"

"Liam stop!" I released his hand and moved mine to his thigh, "You're perfect; just the way you are."