Chapter 6-Soulmates

Melody POV

I felt a rush of strength and my eyes finally snapped open. I sat up and watched Dyson fall to the floor, breathing heavily. I rushed over to him and felt his pulse. It was weak, but there. Kenzi pulled me into a hug. I breathed in through my nose and smelt pine needles and the forest. I looked down at Dyson and saw his eyes were open. His eyes flashed changed to full black with a yellow iris. My vision readjusted an became sharper. I looked in the mirror and saw my eyes were black with a blue iris. I returned my gaze to Dyson. "What did you just do to me?" he asked. I looked at him, confused. "What do you mean? I didn't do anything?" He breathed slowly before he responded. "I feel stronger, like I have more energy. My senses are also more acute than usual." I checked myself and realized that I felt the same. 

/Timeskip-The Dell/

 Trick walked up to us. "Heightened senses, strength, and energy?" he checked. Dyson and I nodded. "And this happened after you kissed her?" he asked Dyson, who nodded. "Well, there is a legend surrounding your particular type of fae. It says 'When you are kissed by your Soulmate, you will unlock both of your full potential.' " Trick explained. "Does that mean we're Soulmates?" I asked, barely containing my excitement. Trick nodded and smiled. I remembered something that my mother had told me and stood. Dyson looked confused, and I winked at him. Trick quietly explained, while Kenzi realized what I was trying, and was bouncing up and down. I focused on Dyson's other form and felt that hardwood underneath my paws. I inwardly smiled, having successfully become a wolf. Dyson smirked and leaned down to my level. He placed his hand on my head and I nuzzled my head into his palm. I shifted back and looked him in the eyes. He helped me stand and walked me home. Or at least, that's what I thought he was doing. He led me right past my apartment and towards his gym. He sat me on the bed in his loft, then left. I looked around the room from my spot and saw various pictures and bobbles. I inhaled Dyson's scent and smiled. The door opened and I tensed. I sniffed the air and relaxed when I smelled Dyson. He set my clothes down and I looked around him to see all of my stuff in his loft. I quirked an eyebrow. He laughed and left for the kitchen, leaving me without an explanation. I sighed and grabbed a set of pajamas and a towel and leaned out the door. Without looking up, Dyson pointed to the bathroom door. I smiled my thanks and he smiled at the frying pan. When I got to the shower, I played a piano piece on my Ipod and sang the words for the song.

When my brother loved me,
everything was beautiful Every hour we played together,
lives within my heart And when I was sad,
he was there to dry my tears And when he was happy,
so was I, when he loved me Through the summer and the fall,
we had each other,
that was all Just he and I together,
a perfect family And when I was lonely,
he was there to comfort me And I knew that he loved me So the years went by,
dad made us train And he began to drift away,
I was left alone Still I waited for the day, when he'd say "I will always love you."
Lonely and forgotten,
never thought we'd meet again,
He called my name and asked me once again to run away,
Like he loved me, when he loved me When my brother loved me,
everything was beautiful,
Now we'll finally go back to our start When he loved me

I finished my shower and got dressed. I walked by the kitchen and heard Dyson say, "Your voice is beautiful." I blushed and continued to the bedroom, not feeling hungry. I laid down and went to sleep.