Prologue

The forest whispered with the distant howls of angry wolfs as thunderous footfalls pounded alongside a river. The dark brown wolf at the back of the small pack nipped at the heels of the russet wolf ahead of him. Their speed increased as the angry howls grew closer, powerful muscles rippling in their shoulders to propel the six forward. 

The running wolves slowed at the sight of a city but picked up their feet as the sound of thundering paws came closer. Ducking into an alley, the wolves emerged as humans, cracking their bones into place as they walked into the city lights. Wordlessly the pack entered the back of a shop once the blonde woman picked the lock. The three men separated from the women when inside and took to searching the room furthest from the exit. One man cursed as he tripped over a dust-covered sword. "Found it!" He called out, picking himself back up and taking the sword with him. An ugly scar marred his cheek, connecting with a larger one to follow down the veins of his neck and disappear underneath his shirt; the man grimaced as he saw his reflection in a small hand mirror. "Jove, darling, what in the name of Malenia is that?" He gently moved the mirror from his face, meeting his lover's green eyes. 

"It matches the hairbrush Lady Malenia gave me. I thought it'd be nice to have a matching set." she flashed him a gentle smile. "Isn't it lovely, Finn?" He rolled his eyes with an exasperated sigh followed by a soft smile. 

"As lovely as watching this is, we do need to move. Save your sweet exchanges for when we are not being chased by grieving wolves." A deep baritone snapped the love from the pair's faces and they were in a rush once more. 

"Sorry, Thane," Finn apologized as they slipped outside to hail an Uber. 

"Bevan, Cahira, I want you two to make it crystal clear we are not to be followed. I do not want to kill more than necessary. It is tiring. Be back in no less than three days. Our Lord is eager to move the plan along." Thane watched fondly as the last member of their small pack, Luciana, flagged down and exchanged words with the uber driver. He focused his attention to the blonde woman and her lover once more, waiting for a challenge from the man named Bevan.

"We will be back in two. Safe travels." Bevan spoke, extending his hand to Thane.

"I expect no less. If you are not back, we will leave regardless. Do I make myself clear?" Thane took Bevan's hand.

"Yes, sir." Cahira saluted the general who nodded in return after letting Bevan's hand go. 

"Amore, darling, the young man cannot wait all day." Luciana walked over to the group, rested her hand on Thane's shoulder for a moment before lacing her fingers through his and lead him to the car. "They will be fine, darling. The one we should be concerned for is our lord. You know how he is when the moon is full." Jove cringed, overhearing what was common knowledge to the six as she scooted over in the car.

"At least we will be moving. The more he destroys, the less we will have to carry." Jove butted into their conversation.

"How will we replace the furniture if there are no trees in the city, hm? We can't keep asking Thane to carve for us and we have no money unless our Lord decides to bestow allowances, which he hasn't since Jove was a pup." Finn leaned over his mate to whisper to Luciana.

"Enough, all of you. We will be home soon and we will have new orders to follow. Be ready." Thane kissed the back of Luciana's hand and glanced at the moon. "If we even have a home to go back to," he sighed.

~END~

Thanks for reading!!! I hope you enjoyed and continue to read their story! I'm sorry it's so short, but from here on out, they'll be longer. 

I will definitely edit this at a later date so, yeah, I know it's not the greatest but I'd love if you could give this a chance.

Comment what you think will happen next if you have read this far.