Epilogue

Her touch is ecstasy, and I might just explode from the bliss. The way she kisses me, the way her hands explore my body, it almost makes me forget that I have work.

Fuck

"Baby- oh.. Babe I have to go to work"

Alaine looks up from between my breasts and smirks. I just now realize that she managed to unbutton my flannel and take off my bra without alerting me. Sneaky little devil.

"You don't have to work love. " she kisses her way back up my chest. "Stay here today." Her lips are sucking my neck. "Take a sick day" her hand sliding towards my jeans. "You've earned it"

I think it was her breath on my ear that really did it. I let her take off my clothes and throw me on the bed, only slightly concerned with what Thomas might think if he knew about this. It was a sad thought, but not at all uncommon. I blocked it out with ease and instead focused on the immense pleasure of my fiancé between my legs.

I probably should've warned her that we still had to buy things after we paid our rent, or that I needed to work to pay off our piles of medical bills, but instead I let her ravish me.

Because really, when you have a hot girl begging to pleasure you, are you going to say no?

After eight rounds of amazing sex, Alaine curled up next to me and sighed contently. I wrapped my arms around her and closed my eyes, counting the days since Thomas had died. It was a little trick I used to ward off panic attacks when I felt the symptoms.

One thousand and ninety four days.

I would go visit his grave later, but now I just basked in the calmness of the moment. It was a kind of calm I never knew I could have.

It took a lot, but it's definitely worth it.