10%

(I wrote this on a doc, so it looks like this for a reason, enjoy my ugly formatting)

fluorescent bulbs-

Chapter 10-

"Why are your teeth so white?" She stares at his face, specifically his barely open mouth, jaw unclenched.

Ethan, holding his calm description, closes his mouth.

The question hangs in the air, bouncing around in his mind.

The final answer comes 5 seconds later.

"I brush them. Floss. Use mouthwash, white strips. I was raised with very... 'hygienic' parents, my teeth are always like this. Why do you ask?"

"Your teeth are just... so... pearly and white, and you smoke."

"I guess you have a good point."

Silence filled the area for the millionth time all day, which, in both of their minds, have been pretty long.

That is, until Ethan presses the button. He seemed to like touching it, something having to do with music, or maybe he just enjoys the press of a button. No one would ever know, the mystery of him is too well hidden.

The stereo didn't blast music to the outside, but, inside of the car, was pretty loud.

He muttered a short "sorry,", and turned the volume down, enough to make the beat carry through-out the both of their bodies.

"Is this a CD?" She asks.

"Yea. It's just a dumb playlist I put together. Nothing too fancy. I can turn it off if you want."

"No. Leave it."

"You sure? My taste in music is pretty dull."

"That's pretty harsh."

"I just don't like listening to the 'Trending' music or the 'Hot 100' of 2016. They seem pretty stupid to me. I'm not mainstream, I guess."

"That's really good. That you're not mainstream, I mean... well that's not what I mean. I just mean that it's okay to like different music. It's your opinion."

"So you don't mind if I listen to Foster The People, or Gorillaz, or even Years & Years?"

"Not a bit."

"Well, enjoy the horror while you last." He winks.