Chapter Fifteen

Piper's POV

We arrived at the apartment building that Jo told us the strange disappearances we taking place at around noon.

"Hi, I'm here to check out the vacant apartment," Jo said sweetly to the owner.

"You know it's a one bedroom, right?" The man asked as he eyed the three of us.

"We're just here helping her look for a place," Alex assured the man.

"Alright, come on." The owner said as he motioned us to follow. "The names Ed by the way."

"Wow, this is nice," I said, making small talk.

"Yeah, it's a great building." The man replied, "I fixed it up real nice. All the apartments come furnished too."

"Yeah, I love the furnishings." Alex added.

"So spacious, and the location is so convenient for me. You know my friend told me I absolutely had to come check it out and I have to admit she was absolutely right." Jo said, looking back at me, "You did a really good job."

Before I could round the corner I heard a familiar voice.

"What the hell are you doing here?" My oldest brother asked.

"There you are, honey." Jo continued unfazed.

I froze as they kept talking with the owner.

"This is my boyfriend, Dean, and his buddy Sam," Jo told the man.

"Good to meet you. Quite a gal you got here." The owner said.

"Yeah, she's a pistol," Dean says as he fakes a laugh.

"So did you already check out the apartment?" Jo paused, "The one for rent."

"You bet, yes. Loved it." Dean said picking up on Jo's hint. "Great flow."

"How'd you get in?" The man questioned.

"It was open." My brother said quickly.

There was a lull in the conversation before Jo continued. "Now, Ed, when did the last tenant move out?"

"Uh, about a month ago. Cut and run too."
The owner replied.

As the talk about the apartment continued Alex, who stayed with me this whole time behind the corner, stuck his head out and got Sam's attention.

After a couple seconds, Sammy rounded the corner and saw me.

"Oh my god, Piper." He sighed as he wrapped me in a hug.

I melted into his embrace and breathed in his familiar scent.

"You never called or answered when I tried calling you," Sam said, pushing me back and looking me up and down to make sure I was alright.

"Sam, what about Dean?" I whispered, obviously scared of what he would say and do when he saw me.

"He's better Piper. Trust me." Sam told me, pulling me into another hug.

Ed, the owner of the building, walked past us carrying a giant wad of cash and wearing a lopsided grin.

"I guess that means Jo rented the place," Alex said, walking towards the apartment.

"Come on, let's go in." Sam wrapped his arm around my shoulder and started to walk towards the room but I was hesitant.

"He still hates me, I know it," I told my brother, my feet still glued to the same spot.

"He doesn't, he never did." Sam tried to convince me but I just shook my head.

"I'll tell you what, you stay out here and I'll have him come talk to you."

I nodded slowly then watched him disappear.

After a five minute wait, I gave up waiting and started walking towards the stairs to leave the building. Right as I got to the door that led to the descending exit I heard footsteps.

"Piper," Dean said demandingly.

I froze yet again at the sound of his voice.

"Piper." My brother repeated.

I slowly turned around to face the person I loved the most. I felt the tears already running down my face and my stomach felt queasy.

"Piper," he said once again searching for words to say.

I regained my composure and quickly wiped my face, trying to be brave.

"You killed him, then you left," Dean said, his voice full of anger.

"You left me, remember?" I whispered, looking down at my shoes.

"That's irrelevant; you shot our father, our own flesh and blood, then you tried to run away from your problems." Deans green eyes were glaring at me with such anger I wanted to turn and run again but I knew I couldn't.

"I-" I began but was cut off.

"You what?" Dean demanded.

"I was following an order." At this point, I burst out in tears and hated myself for looking even more weak in front of Dean.

"You killed him, you coward!" Dean yelled, grabbing onto the front of my shirt, looking like he'd start throwing punches at any second. "You bi-"

"Dean, enough," Sam said rounding the corner and got between us.

Sam positioned his body in front of mine like a shield as he continued to talk to the oldest.

"Dad's dead, Dean. Piper didn't kill him, she killed the demon inside him, the same one that that killed our mother, that killed Jess, she ended the monster that tore apart so many families, she did what dad asked of her and was braver than either of us will ever be!" Sam yelled at our brother, still protecting me.

Dean glared at Sam then turned around and stormed off towards the apartment we were going to stay in.

Sam turned back around a wrapped me in a comforting hug as I began to cry even harder now.

A/N

Sorry for the long wait. I had to finish up school, then I had to move, then I went on a vacation with my grandparents and wasn't able to write. Anyway please vote and comment and thanks for reading!