Chapter Twenty-Five

The next day, at my birthday party (which Ayden set up and surprised me with) I see Cora and Ayden lost in conversation. I wander over to Ryan and talk to him.

"Hey. How do you like this party?" I ask, curious, but also trying to strike up conversation.

"It's great. You look great by the way," he compliments smiling and bringing me into as much of a hug as possible.

"Oh, just because it's my birthday doesn't mean you have to lie." I tease, laughing.

"Who said I was lying? You look amazing."

I laugh some more and ask how has work been.

"It's been great. I'm getting paid, so why complain?" he shrugs.

I nod in agreement. "How are you and Cora?" I regret saying the words as they leave my mouth.

"We are... I'm not sure anymore. It seems like she is done with the relationship, but I don't want it to end. I really love her and I tell myself she loves me, but I'm starting to lose hope that she really does." Ryan sighs and I give him another hug.

"I know how that feels. I can go talk to her if you'd like? I don't mind."

"But it's your birthday and you are supposed to be happy." Ryan argues.

"Right now, I'd rather be laying in bed because my feet and back are killing me, but I'll feel better if you let me help you," I coax.

He reluctantly agrees and I smile and manage to pull Cora aside for a few moments. "Hey, I need you to answer truthfully, okay? I can handle whatever the answer is, so don't worry about that."

Cora hesitantly nods and I continue. "Do you love my husband?"

"Yes," she whispers.

"Have you two been having an affair behind my back?"

"No! We would never do that to you. Besides, he doesn't know I love him like that and I love Ryan also. I just don't know who I love more right now..." Cora replies, sounding sad and frustrated.

"Once you make up your mind, can you let me know? I'll let you have Ayden if you'll make him happy... You just have to understand we can't get divorced." I tell her, trying my hardest to stay strong.

Cora nods and leaves to go back to the living room, where the party is. I compose myself before I rejoin the party.

"There you are. I want to show you your birthday present." Ayden says, coming up to me. I smile as best as I can and let him lead the way up the stairs. We stop at what is to be the nursery.

"Close your eyes," Ayden whispers in my ear as he puts his hands over my eyes. I shiver slightly from pleasure and let him guide me to wherever I need to be.

We stop quickly and Ayden takes his hands away from my eyes. "Open them," Auden commands.

I do, and gasp at the gorgeous nursery I'm standing in. Everything was built and set around the room so that the room looked bigger than it really was. I glide my hand over the crib and look at all the baby posters set up on the walls. The walls are painted a bright yellow and the sheets for the crib are light blue.

"It's perfect," I stutter, tears in my eyes. "How did you finish it in time?"

"I had Haven come over and help me while you were asleep."

I hug Ayden and burry my head in his chest. "This is the best present ever!"

Ayden chuckles and kisses the top of my head. I let him go a second later and tell him he can go back downstairs. He hesitates but does. I sit in the rocking chair that is set up and marvel at the room I'm in. After a few minutes, I get up and head back downstairs. The party finishes soon after, most of my presents being baby stuff. I start to clean up the living room when a hand on my back stops me.

"I've got it. Go lay down and rest. I know you want to," Ayden says, smiling at me. I thank him and head upstairs slowly. I make it to our room and I plop down on the bed. I stretch out, get comfortable, then start to doze off. Right as I'm about to go to sleep, I realize I have to go to the bathroom. I groan and get up and go to the bathroom. When I get back to bed, I have to get comfortable all over again.

Ayden comes up as I am still struggling to find a comfortable position. He lays on the bed and pulls me to him. I finally get comfortable and sigh in contentment. "Happy Birthday, Princess." Ayden whispers as he kisses my head.

"Ayden?" I ask reluctantly.

"Yes?"

"Is there someone else who makes you happier than I do?" I keep my head in the crook of his neck.

I feel him shift under me. I know he is looking at me, but I refuse to look up. "It's okay if there is. I just want you to be happy."

He lifts my chin up so we are looking each other in the eye. "No one could make me as happy as you do," Ayden vows. He seals it with a loving, romantic kiss. I kiss him back, enjoying the feel of his lips on mine.