Chapter 1

A few months ago, you would have been doing your daily routines that you have been doing for the past couple of years. Getting up, make the bed, get ready for the day, debate on what to have for breakfast, eat something random and probably not the healthiest choice because you're lazy, check the time, brush teeth, check the time, get anything else needed for the day, etc. Now you spend your days leashed, literally, to the person you resent the most, Sasha, a witch who pretended to be your best friend in order to gain glory for herself. Then when she was done with you, she turned you into her favorite breed of dog, an Akita with fur as black as her soul, just so you could never tell that she was a fraud. Then the worst part was that she cruelly showed her the curse and smiled when you realized you will never be able to change back unless you had a cure made for you.

You never knew why she kept you around, though, she could have let you starve on the side of the road like every other mutt and stay there is, but you guessed even though she betrayed you she still liked you. Or maybe it's just for the fact that even though you hated her guts you still couldn't shake the loyalty of a childhood friend. She was like family once, you both went through so much and now you see that she was probably fake from the start, rotten fruit, but like Snow White, you ate the poisoned apple.

You were kind of glad that she spared you from the having to constantly live life on the run from dog catchers and from being forced to eat kibble instead of what she's dishing to you.

You blinked your two toned eyes bored as you laid on the patio out front waiting for your so called 'friend' to come home. You watch the kids as they play in the street along with old crew members who occasionally pass by the house. Sometimes they come and visit to give updates on what's been going on in the 'market', especially Jack.

Every time you see Jack an invisible weight drops on your chest. You still see the hurt in his eyes, the hurt your disappearance caused, he was like your brother in a way. The way Sasha is sickeningly sweet to him and taking advantage of this weakness makes you sick to your stomach. Those times you yearned to speak. Although you hadn't seen him in over a week.

It was getting late and the kids had retreated inside leaving the street vacant. You finally see a familiar car pull up, Sasha came home after settling whatever business she was called for. She steps out of her car a smile on her face as she sees you laying outside in wait for her, "Hello Kara! Were you being a good girl!" she excitedly baby talked at you and you rolled your eyes getting up from your stop and stretched your stiff muscles.

Sasha gets her keys and unlocks the door letting herself in then waited to see if you would come along which of course you did. The witch shut the door after you then sat down on the couch. You studied her for a moment seeing as she started to fumble with her fingers and bite her lip while staring at not exactly anything. When she rose her gaze she caught you staring at her. "So... I may or may not have killed someone, I mean it was a week and a half ago but still..."

Your eyes open wider with this new information. 'You killed someone!? What the hell Sasha!?' You huff in confusion. She read your thoughts and grimly nodded.

"Yeah it just sort of happened you know. I used a hex bag but it was really messy and I'm still exhausted." She sighed laying her head back against the leather finish of the couch, "I guess I should really work on element training again..." She muttered more to herself than to you.

You were still shocked by the news of her actually killing somebody to care for the mumbling anyway. Sure she turned you into a damn dog but you never realized how low she really was. You shut your differently colored eyes and huffed lowly, 'Anyone I know?'

The witch paused on her rambling and looks down through her lashes at you. Her face was void of emotion and you knew before the words left her mouth. "Jack was in the way of me furthering in my plan to success." You hung your head low the weight of the world was upon your chest because of the fact it was undoubtedly your fault for his death. A bit of rage sparked in your chest and you bared your teeth at Sasha growling viciously causing shock in her face before you snapped your jaws at her and ran to a room that she allowed you to have.