M-

M is for Marinette Dupain-Cheng and she's late again!

***

Flashback, 10 days before the masquerade...

She ran downtown, panting as she saw the tall building above her, she cussed under her breath. She's late again!

She ran to the entrance, but a loud impact suddenly made her fell to the ground, she groaned and rubbed her head, and looked up only to see him glaring at her. "S-sir Adrien!" She immediately stood up and bowed at her boss. "Sorry for being late."

To her surprise, Adrien suddenly bursted out laughing, she furrowed her eyebrows before she realized...this wasn't Adrien. "April Fools!"

She crossed her arms, pissed. "Okay, Felix. First of all, you can't just look at me like that. Second, you can't say April Fools in the middle of May!"

Felix was laughing. "Sorry, Mari, I was just messing with you." Then he smiled, and it suddenly reminded Marinette that Felix is her crush.

"Err--err, i-it's okay!" Great, now she's back with the stammering. "I--uhh, I have to go! Y-your brother's going to kill me, bye, Felix!"

"See you later!" She hear Felix replied as he entered the elevator. She sighed and waited for the elevator to reach into the 12th floor. All of a sudden, the elevator stopped at the 7th floor. And her eyes widened when she saw her boss getting in. She gulped when his eyes landed on her, and he gave her a cold look that could freeze her on her spot.

"You're late again, Miss Cheng." He said and she gulped again. She wished the elevator would rushed to the 12th floor for her not be be with him inside. He's going to be the death of her. "How many consecutive days were you late already? Do you know that I could fire you already?"

"Why didn't you?" She mumbled and he looked at her with squinted eyes.

"What was that?"

Her eyes widened again and she smiled nervously and scratched her eyes. "Er-err, nothing. Sorry, sir."

The elevator finally tinged and Marinette hurriedly went out of the elevator. She ran to her desk, but then suddenly, she tripped on something and she fell to the floor. She heard someone gasp, that was her best friend; Alya. "You okay, girl?" She asked and helped Marinette get up.

"Yeah, I'm fine." Marinette replied but she suddenly froze when Adrien passed her.

"And such klutz." Adrien said deep voice before going in to his office. Marinette glared and pouted at him, she clutched her fist but Alya just smiled before rubbing her back.

"You don't wanna punch him now, do you?" Alya chuckled as they both watched Adrien closed the door of his office. Marinette sighed before sitting on her desk, beside Alya's.

"He said he could fire be but he didn't, what's up with that." Marinette opened her computer. "Like seriously, why don't he just fire me already and that I don't have to work here, he's just making me hate my work."

Alya sighed. "Look, just because we have a coldhearted boss here doesn't mean you'll start hating your job, chill girl, I thought this was your dream."

"At least this used to be." Marinette replied before breathing in and out. "Right, let's get to work."

***

"Hiya, girls!" Felix chirps and Marinette frowned. "So...what's up?"

"Just work as usual." Alya replied and shrugged.

Felix nodded before looking at the frowning Marinette. "Okay, le'mme guess, my brother pissed you again?"

"Are you sure that you're twins? Why are you totally opposite?" Marinette crossed her arms. "I mean seriously, he said he could just fire me this morning but he didn't do it, oh, and he just called me klutz!"

Felix chuckled before sighing. "Yeah, well, to be honest, I have no idea why he end up like that, when we were young, we were so close."

"It's probably the stress." Alya says.

"Who knew, right?" Felix shrugged. "But anyway, since it's almost lunch time, and I'm alone--"

"We're in! As long as you treat us!" Alya immediately said and Marinette gasped before hitting Alya with her elbow.

"Alya!" She whisper-yelled. "It's okay." She chuckled nervously. "We'll--we'll come!"

"Great!" Felix clapped his hands once. "I'll see you later!" He said before he entered his twin's office.

"Girl, when are you going to admit your feelings for him?" Alya grinned and Marinette's eyes widened before she covered Alya's mouth with her hands.

"Someone might hear you." She whispered while Alya was struggling to get free from Marinette's arms. "And no, I'm not doing it yet."

She released Alya who sighed in relief. "You have to do it someday though."

"No, really, Alya, I'm not even sure about this feelings, it's just, he's a nice guy but, I dunno, I just admire him, that's all." Marinette said and Alya raised an eyebrow.

"So, your feelings aren't that profound?" Alya asked and Marinette nodded. "Hmm."

Marinette covered her face with her hands. "He's such a gentleman, and I dunno, he looks like he has a motive but then all of a sudden, we're just...best friends."

"Oh!" Alya nodded. "So this is what it's all about, huh? You're scared of being in the friendzone?" Marinette looked downcast. "Look, you don't have to worry about that, okay, well, friendzone hurts but, at least you have told him how you feel, it's better than not telling him at all."

"I'm just not ready, Alya." Marinette sighs.

***

A/N.:

Sorry if it's short, I'll be doing the continuation on the next chapter...in Adrien's POV >:D

The video in the media though, it's very funny, I can't even xD