Chapter two- One chance.

Alexa's POV-

My eyes were still sore with tiredness.But the sunlight was hitting my face and suddenly it got dark.I opened my eyes but my vision was a blur.All I could see was black tall things surrounding me hence blocking the sun.I shut  my eyes and after a minute slowly opened it.I gasped in horror and sat straight.A group of tall men dressed in black uniform surrounded me.Were they kidnapping me?What had I even done?Then suddenly a man spoke up.
"Miss Lewis,I hope you had a nice sleep.I am sorry if we must have scared you but we are here to take you to our Sir's office for a business talk."he says.
'Business Talk'?!
"What can I talk about business?And how do you know my name?where do you want to take me?Woah!Is this the new style of kidnapping people?Look I have nothing to give,I am broke,I have not even finished my studies yet,what 'business talk' would your sir want to do with a person like me?"
"Please Miss Lewis,we have got orders and we need to comply with them.We do not know the reason why sir wants to see you.And we are not kidnappers.Please trust us."
"But who is this 'Sir'?May I know his name Atleast?"
"Mr Henri Chandler.He wants to see you in his hotel within the next 15 minutes."he finishes.
What?!
My eyes widen with surprise.
"Are you saying that 'The Henri Chandler' wants to see me?The owner of so many hotels wants to see an ordinary girl like me?" I almost yell in shock.
"Yes Miss Lewis."
Omg!
"Okay,I am coming."
And one of the people lead me to a black car.Another man picks up all my baggage and stuff.Soon the car starts moving and I just look at the interiors of the car with awe.The drive was short and we soon pulled into the drive of a 5 star hotel.On getting out a man guides me towards the meeting room.
Shit!I feel very nervous I don't know why?
I gently knock on the door and wait for a reply.Two seconds later a voice says"come in" and I slowly push open the door and walk inside.I look around the room and it is very spacious.The walls are painted white in contrast with  black and white furniture giving it a modern look.On one corner is a long table with several chairs serving the purpose of conference meetings I guess, a projector screen is right in front of it.The place where I stood had a few chairs with a small table at the centre.Behind the chairs were large windows that overlooked the beautiful New York City.I was soon snapped out of my thoughts with the clearing of a throat.A man in his late 40's was sitting on one of the chairs,he had a serious look and I guess he was Mr Chandler.

I walked in that direction and gave my greetings."Good morning Mr chandler.I heard you wanted to see me for some reason?"
"Yes,Miss Lewis.I would like to give you one chance."
"One chance?" I say as I furrow my eyebrows in confusion.
"Yes you heard me right.I am aware that you have lost your job and probably your home as well because my men found you sleeping on a bench today morning. I want you to work for me.I give you one chance to prove yourself.Do not worry about your food and home because that will be provided to you with other important requirements." He finishes with a smile.
I cannot understand why does he want to help me?How does he know so much about me?
"Sir how do you know so much about me?"the words just fall out of my mouth before I could stop them.
Oh no!I don't think he would be pleased with my questioning.
But he just gives a small laugh and replies,"because I am Henri Chandler,I have sources,I know everything."
"So now I do not have much time.Lets get to the point.Get ready within the next 3-4 hours because we need to leave for California.I am temporarily appointing you to work as an instructor in my horse riding camp for the summer break.For one month you will be trained over there and then the summer break starts so you will be one of the instructors.I am doing so because you are still to finish your studies,once they are done you can join an institute for business studies and work for my hotel business.Everything else will be taken care of you just need to sign this agreement of work here." He says.
Wait what?!
California?!
Horse riding?!
Me?!
Am I drunk or sir Henri?!
"But sir,I cannot leave my college here,and I cannot afford going to an institution for business.I do not know horse riding and I am worthless in all jobs.I am not the right person you are trusting in.I am incapable of doing anything." I say,sadness evident in my tone.
"Miss Lewis,whether you are incapable or not should be left to me to decide and I told you  not to worry about anything,your education will be taken care of by me.Give it a quick thought.Its your last chance."
Last Chance.
Last Chance.
Last Chance.
The words keep playing in my head.I feel I should go for it.Probably this can change my life."yes Sir I agree." With this I pick up the pen and taking a deep breath sign over the agreement.
"Sir Henri,please,one last question?" I request.
He sighs and replies,"Yes ok,one last one."
"Sir,why are you doing so much for a girl like me?" I ask,nervousness evident in my tone.
"That's because I consider you as my daughter."he finishes with a weak smile.
Daughter?!
Why?!
I look at him with surprise.I could see that his eyes had turned glassy,but he quickly composes himself back to the stern business man. I didn't want to say anything more so I choose  to keep quiet.
"Okay sir" was all I said and started walking towards the door.
I was then lead by a man in a black suit to my room.Thanking him I closed the door.All my luggage was safely transferred to this room.Several questions were forming in my brain.But the most important one was Why Me?

I shook all these thoughts away and decided on getting showered first.The bathroom was as big as a room and there was a bathtub.I quickly undressed and took my time to have a nice warm bath.I didn't realise I was so cold especially after yesterday's sudden rain.After I was done I started digging in my bag for my clothes.I decided to wear simple dark blue jeans which I know were too old but it's not that I had an option,and I wore a plain white top.I left my wet hair open and just sat on the comfy bed.How I wish I could get to sleep on soft beds like these,rather than park benches.

Within a few minutes of lying on the bed I did not realise when I actually dozed off.I was awoken by a few knocks on the door and my name being called repeatedly.My eyes snapped open and I went to attend the door.It was one of Sir Henri's employees,he had come to pick me up since I wasn't picking up the call on the room telephone."I am sorry,I kinda fell asleep so I didn't hear the bell ring.Yeah I am ready just give me a minute."
I went and picked my handbag and walked out with him."don't worry Miss Lewis,your bags will be transferred on the flight." He assures before I could ask him anything.We walked through the corridor and entered the lift.I started fidgeting with my hands because I get panicked in lifts.When the lift door finally opens I release my breath which I hadn't realised I was holding.We walk out of the hotel and enter the car.The car ride was a silent one,I was just looking out of the window at the passing streets with people.Soon the busy streets are replaced by grass and empty fields.I just take in all the view as we pass by.A while later the car finally comes to a stop and the door beside me opens.I get out thanking the chauffeur and see an airplane.It was a private plane but yet so huge.I had never seen one in reality so I was clearly fascinated.

A man leads the way and soon I get inside.The plane was equally stunning  from the inside like it was from the  outside. I walked towards my seat and saw Mr Henri sitting on his."Hello Alexa!"
"Hello Sir." I reply while settling down in my seat.
After about 5 minutes when everyone is ready the flight takes off.We are soon served with drinks and some things to eat.I take a muffin and orange juice and start eating.I had been starving for more than a day,I was thankful that they served such delicious muffins.As I was gulping down my juice I began to wonder why Sir Henri wanted to leave his business work and take me to California.I was having a silent debate with myself if I should ask him or no.I decided for the first option and cleared my throat before asking,"Sir Henri,I have a question.Why do you need to personally come to drop me of to California?I mean you are a busy man,I would have managed myself."
"Miss Lewis,you are a very curious person,isn't it?" Sir says with a small laugh.
"Yeah,kind of Sir.A habit since childhood."
"It's okay.And no no I am not coming specially to drop you off,it's just that I wanted to have a look over how everything is going at the camp so I decided it's best to accompany you and check the camp as well."he explains.
I just nod my head showing that I understood,and look out through the tiny window.I must say we were at a great height.I liked the feeling of being so high,in the open sky,amidst the clouds.It gave me a feeling like we were on the top of the world.The beauty around me mesmerises me.Being so much at the top reminds me of the times when I look up at the sky to talk to those who I lost ages ago.Heading to California meant heading to home,the place which is empty for years just like my heart.A small tear escapes from my eye and rolls down my cheek.I quickly wipe it off and get lost in these dreamy clouds.
Will this one chance change everything?

***************
End of Chapter two.

Hope you guys have liked this chapter.I know the way Alexa is speaking it sounds so complicated and depressing but don't worry truth will be out soon and you will know.Till then keep guessing.

Vote,comment,share,follow.
Keep smiling:)
Happy reading:)
~Farah.