Chapter Fifteen

There's a loud knock at the front door

There's a loud knock at the front door. The sound makes me jump and fall off the couch in a tangled heap. I push myself up and straighten out my clothes before walking towards the door. The first person that comes to mind is Kyle. Perhaps he's decided to visit me for the day... that would be a nice change.

It feels like forever since I've last seen him. I was so excited to leave school and become this independent person who has their life figured out. Not only do I not have my life figured out, I don't get to see my best friend at all.

I've completely cleaned the house, finished my coursework for the moment, so now I have free time to do whatever I like. With London leaving today... the possibilities are completely endless.

My mind wanders to Tori. Of course, it would be her! She's supposed to be picking up London after her nap. I'm thrilled for the two-week block trial, but I wasn't excited that it had come this fast. What would I do with my earned freedom?

Catch up on TV I suppose, go for a walk, sleep in, swim in the pool, or see Kyle without having to find time in-between sleeping, feeding or changing.

I open the front door and find a smiling Tori waving at me.

"You're here early," I note suspiciously.

"Blake told me you were still sick, so I wanted to check on you," she explains.

"Hardly." I snort. "He's just overreacting," I dismiss.

"Is he?"

Since Blake had struck up the agreement, Blake and Tori have started talking more on the phone to ensure things are ready and set to go. I don't mind that they talk, it just worries me that they've been talking about me. Tori makes me nervous, especially now. She makes me want to nervous vomit and hides under my blanket like a small child.

I was doing fine without her reality check...

Tori raises a slender eyebrow, doubt consuming her eyes. I can't deal with this... not on the day I'm supposed to be collecting my freedom. With her presence, it feels like I've just cashed my freedom in for a jail ticket.

Goodbye freedom, again.

"You know, Blake." I laugh. "He's always worried about something..." I shake it off.

"How is London?" she changes the conversation, which brings some sense of relief to me.

"Sleeping." I lazily nod my head. "I've packed her belongings, and everything else you might need. She'll be up from her nap soon, and then she'll need changing and a feed. But after that, she'll be all yours for the next two weeks." I smile politely.

"Great." She beams. "So we have some time to talk."

"Ugh, sure." I quickly smile.

Talking with Tori never leads to good things! I think she has the best intentions, whatever they are. But with my overactive imagination and my ability to stress thinking over just about everything, Tori brings a whole new load of toxic thoughts to my mind.