Chapter 1: Found

The old house was losing the color. The house my grandparents died in. It looks the same as it always has, but the city was tearing it down tomorrow night. I needed one last look-around.

Carli, my BEST friend, was along with me. And so was her boyfriend, Carl. He carried the crowbar because I wasn't strong enough, and neither was Carli.

"The door's jammed." Carl said through gritted teeth. He pushed with all of his might, and the door flew open. A rush of a musty odor filled their nostrils, and I made a face of disgust.

"What is that smell?!" I said. Carl immediately looked at me.

"This is an old house, Ash. There's probably some dead mice in there somewhere," said Carl.

Carli rolled her eyes and walked inside of the house. She disappeared as Carl and I were bickering.

"Well, maybe if you-" I started to say, then Carli screamed from inside. Carl and I ran inside, and Carli was gone.

We looked at each other in dismay, but then she screamed again, and it came from the basement. We ran down the old steps, and Carl fell through. His leg was stabbed by a sharp piece of wood.

"Just go find her!" Carl demanded. I kept running until I found Carli tucked in a corner.

"Ashley........" She groaned. Carli turned her back towards me, and I saw stab wounds.

"Who did this to you?" I asked. Carli just looked at me. Then she pointed to a box behind me.

I turned my head, and an old vantriliquist doll hung out, holding a pen. I turned back.

"There's no way that-" I stopped myself. Carli's head hung low, and blood dripped from her mouth. She was dead.

"We want you, Ashley." A raspy child voice said. I turned around, and nobody was there. I got up and ran. This house was scaring me, and I need to tell the police. I ran past the steps, but I noticed something. Carl was gone.

"Carl!?" I called. My voice echoed through the house. No one replied. I ran to the open space, where the living room was. I saw Carl's body in the corner. His eyes were missing, leaving nothing but black holes. There was a note attached to his chest. I ran to him, and grabbed it. Then I got the heck outta there!

Little did I know that the doll was watching me leave from a basement window. She was eating Carl's eyeballs in satisfaction.

"You will be mine soon enough." She smiled.