Chapter 2: Haunted

I got home before midnight. My father was sitting at the dinner table, along with my mother. They looked at me with a grim face.

I ran to them, crying." They're dead! Someone killed them!" I hugged my father, crying on his shoulder.

"What are you talking about? Are you okay?!" My father looked me over to make sure I wasn't injured." Let me call the police. We need to identify the killer!"

"That's the thing. We didn't see anybody!" I cried. He just starred at me.

"We've been waiting for you, Ashley. I need you," a raspy voice screeched.

                              ***

    Suddenly I was forced awake from my deep slumber. It seemed like I flew up out of the bed and into my room, with my lamp still on from when I fell asleep. I screamed, and tears ran down my cheeks. They tasted so salty; this consequence made me cry harder.

   Then, from the corner of my eye, I saw something move from within my closet. Then it moved again. My shirts were being pulled aside, and a face formed.

   It was more of a child's face, but it was shiny. And it stood only 4 feet off the ground. But then I noticed it. It was the SAME doll from my dream. I slowly looked to its side, and there was a bloody knife.

  "Run while you still can, Ashley. I've come from the deepest pits of Hell to get you. I need your soul......" the doll spoke. It's voice was childish and raspy all at the same time.

   Then my parents screamed from their bedroom.