Chapter 1

(A/N: Suprise! Instead of a one shot, you get the first chapter to a story! Updates will be random. Happy Reading!)

One random, cold, rainy day, Lockwood and Co. were doing nothing in particular, when all of a sudden, there was a knock at the door.

"I'll get it!" Lockwood and Lucy said at the same time.

"Well, one of you two should get it, someone's standing at the door!" George said. "I'm not answering the door because I'm too engaged in this comic."

"Of course you are, George." Lucy said under her breath. Luckily, George didn't hear.

"Why hasn't anyone opened the door?" Lockwood asked.

"Well, I sort of figured that you were going to get it, since your standing right next to it..." Lucy said.

"Oh yeah, sorry." Lockwood said.

Lucy sighed. "Just get the door. They probably don't have time for this."

Finally, Lockwood opened the door to see a girl about Lucy's age. She had long, red hair, bright, blue eyes, and a scared look on her face. She wore a dark brown rain jacket with a pair of jeans and some brown boots.

"Sorry to keep you waiting, Ms." Lockwood said.

"Um... Hi... I'm here for the job interview...?" She said, seeming frightened.

"Oh, well come in then. Would you like some tea?" Lockwood said politely.

"No, thank you." The girl said quietly.

"Lucy, George, we come here."

"Who is it?" Lucy asked.

"Lucy, who do you think it is?" George asked.

"Well, a person, duh. But I want to know who the person is and why they're here." Lucy said slowly.

George sighed. "Well, let's just go meet whoever it is."

When Lucy and George got there, it seemed that the girl was too scared to even change the position she was sitting in on the couch.

"Lucy, George, meet Amanda Green." Lockwood said. "We're going to test her abilities."

"Okay, do you want us to introduce ourselves first?" Lucy asked.

"Sure, if you want to go ahead." Lockwood said.

"Alright. I'm Lucy Carlyle, and this is-"

"Lucy, I can introduce myself on my own. I'm not a baby." George said slowly.

"Okay, introduce yourself, then. We don't have time for this." Lucy said the last sentence quietly.

"I'm George. George Cubbins. Glad to meet you." George said, holding out his hand.

Amanda very politely took it and tried to smile. She even tried to say 'nice to meet you too,' but it came out as just a little squeak.

"Okay, Ms. Green," Lockwood said, grabbing a few items, "we're going to test your Talent."

Lockwood then grabbed a few items that he used when he tested Lucy, and remembered the very first time he met Lucy. He stood there for a few minutes with his back turned to the other three.

"Uh, Lockwood? The test?" Lucy reminded him.

"Hm! Oh, yes right!" Lockwood said, blushing. "Here." He said, laying the items in front of Amanda. "Now, what is your talent?"

Amanda tried to respond, but she couldn't find her voice.

"Love, you know you can speak up." Lockwood said gently.

"Love??" Lucy thought. "I've never heard him call anyone love before."

"Im good at sight." Amanda replied weakly.

"Okay then. Here are the instructions for the test." Lockwood said.

--------------TIMESKIP; BROUGHT TO YOU BY FAIRY DUST--------------

"So... Uh... Did I pass?" Amanda said quietly.

"Pass? You passed with ease!" Lockwood said.

"Should I tell her the cookie rule?" George asked.

"Oh yes, tell her." Lockwood said.

"You only take one cookie at a time, that way it's fair." George said.

"Okay." Amanda said in her quiet voice.

"Welcome to the team!" Lucy said smiling. Little did she know what impact Amanda would have on her life.

(A/N: you probably wanted a one shot. I'll get to it! My phone keeps deleting everything I write on the part I work on... It will hopefully be posted tomorrow. Sorry... At least I have ideas now!)