1 :: is it love?

"I hope that I can turn back the time
To make it all alright, all alright for us
I'll promise to build a new world for us two
With you in the middle"
-"-"-"-"-
Hiyori tapped the eraser tip of her pencil on her notebook pad boringly. The professor was at the board, writing down on the chalkboard so many facts and dates they would no longer use in the future. Her classmates were paying attention, yet some were just like Hiyori - waiting for class to end soon. Ah, first week back at school and I'm not feeling it. Her thoughts were listing down all the possible extra-curricular activities and study session dates she could take. Maybe I could join the cooking club. That way I could cook for Yukine-kun and Yato. What about martial arts? That way I could kick some phantoms to where they belong. The corners of her mouth tugged upward into a smile as she thought of the many activities that could help her improve. The clock kept ticking away as she scribbled down the notes the teacher provided; however, her mind often drifted to some other idea besides the advanced calculus lesson. I wonder what Yukine-kun and Yato are doing. Her mind kept dancing around that lingering question before her eyelids felt droopy and soft snores started escaping her mouth. Before she knew it, her soul had slipped out again.

Meanwhile, the negative aura of the phantoms emerged from a small alleyway. A middle-aged man wandered across, his worn boots gliding over the pavement causing a swoosh sound. A huge jellyfish-like phantom was following behind, whispering in his ear: you'll never make it.. you'll get fired.. the deadline is so close..

As these words haunted the man's troubled mind, Yato was making his way over. The five yen recently earned jingled in his jar of savings as he called out for his regalia.

"Sekki!" Yukine prepared himself as his human form vanished into two swords. A pure vessel, with blades sharper than any seen before - his blonde hair was in all directions as he focused on every move Yato made. As he grasped his regalia in his hands, the jersey-wearing god jumped from lamppost to lamppost, his eyes focusing directly on the area where he would stab a wound into the phantom.

"Thou who dares desecrate this land of the rising sun! With my advent, I, the Yato god lay waste with the Sekki, and expel thy vast defilement!" The sharp blades dug deep into the phantom, slicing nicely the flesh of the evil creature.

"Rend!"

As small pants left his mouth, Yato called for Yukine, making him transform back to his human form. "Good job, this one was a hard one." Yukine reveals a small smile at the compliment before the two boys stand up and head back to Kofuku and Daikoku's house. The cherry blossoms were in bloom, and a question has been wandering around Yato's mind all day.

"Yukine, I need to tell you something." He says as the two walk down the sidewalk. "Yeah, what's up?" He asks before buying a green apple from a nearby booth. Yato takes a deep breath before scratching the back of his neck nervously. "You know how Hiyori and us are close right?" Yukine rolls his eyes at his question before replying with a simple "duh". Yato nudges his side before continuing. "I've been thinking about it, and I feel like I have developed certain feelings for Hiyori.."

Immediately, color drains from Yukine's face and Yato feels a sting running from his lower back all the way to his neck. "Ow! Not that kind of feeling you pervert!"

"Shut up poor hobo! What do you expect me to say?" The blonde boy snaps before rolling his eyes and taking another bite of his apple.

"Oh, I don't know? Maybe help me find a way to tell her!" He says as he kicks a few small, loose rocks on the pavement. "The proposal at Capypa Land didn't work so well.. after all I fucked it up." He sighs before tilting his head back up to the sky, his hands resting inside the pockets of his jersey. All those times she's been there for us, all the care she gives us.. all my feelings for her..

"Hey, we'll figure it out. I can see you're serious by the look on your stupid face." Yato rolls his eyes at his remark before they enter the small and cozy house of their two close friends.

"Yatty-chaaaaan~! And Yukine-kun~!! How was phantom-hunting today?" Kofuku asks in a chirpy tone as Daikoku focuses on his solitaire game. Yato shrugs, but Yukine opens his mouth to say something else, "Yato wants to propose to Hiyori."

Color drains from Yato as it all piles up on his face. He feels his cheeks burn with embarrassment as he starts hitting Yukine. "What's wrong with you?! I never told you to tell them!"

"Booze!" Yells Daikoku as Kofuku squeals like a maniac. "Yatty has a crush~! Yatty has a crush~!" She prances around the table as she throws flowers that came from who knows where.

"I-I don't.. well.. stop it!" The blue-eyed god says before hiding his face beneath his arms. "I can't believe this.."

"The cherry blossoms are in bloom! We should organize a picnic tomorrow and have you propose to her there!" The pink-haired goddess says making Yato lift his head up. "Actually that's not a bad idea."

"Picnic it is then!" Daikoku exclaims as he pats him in the back. Even though their two friends were excited, Yukine couldn't stop thinking of all the negatives. I'll be third-wheeling so much. It won't be the same. What if they fight? Yato, what bullshit are you getting yourself into?!

Is it even love?!?
-"-"-"-"-"-"-
Hey! I hope you guys liked the first chapter! I'm planning on keeping the chapters around this length since school is almost over. Updating schedule will come up once I finish!!

This story takes place after the anime. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to get my hands on the manga and I'm dying to read it! If anyone has any links to the manga or any suggestions please message me or comment here! I will gladly take them into consideration and check it out.

-- Btw! I add a song in every chapter, so you can jam to it while you read! I may put some k-pop in there too haha

Thank you again so much for reading the first chapter of my first story! Stay tuned for more and make sure to add this to your library and give it a cute lil' if you enjoyed reading it!!

Love you very much x.