Chapter 18: The House

"I can't believe you actually talked me into this. Be thankful that you got a woman like me that loves you enough to consider this." Camille ranted.

Last week we talked about this big move I was making. Of course she had to go off on me but it was all good once I gave her some act right. Not only will I be making a big move, she will also. Thankfully, her law firm pulled a few strings for her so that she'll be able to work in California.

"Babe, chill. This is a big accomplishment for me and I want my girl to support me on this." I said.

"Baby, you know I support you. It's just gonna be kinda hard for me to start all over again in another state. Jacob is leaving all of his family members, his siblings, and his friends. That's gonna be tough on an eight year old." She stressed.

I leaned over and kissed her lips. "I got you and you got me. Trust ya' man on this." I said, getting comfortable in my seat. The plane was seconds away from take off.

She smiled at me. "Okay."

"Oh

"Oh. My. God." Camille stared at the house in 'awe' with her hands covering her mouth. Lauren, my close friend from high school, hired a personal driver for Camille and me. Richie, the driver, opened our door, and I followed behind Camille. I tipped Richie $200 before latching my hand into Camille's.

"How you like it, baby?" I asked her. She had tears in her eyes before looking over at me. The cool, summer breeze was blowing through her hair. The sun was beaming gracefully on her face, giving her a radiant glow.

"I love it. I absolutely love it." She beamed.

I pulled out the house key from my back pocket. "Here's your key, my love."

Her mouth dropped and her arms circled around my neck as she kissed all over my face. She took the key from my hand and slowly walked to the front door. I followed after her.

"Oh my gosh!" She stood there admiring our home

"Oh my gosh!" She stood there admiring our home. I closed the door and walked up behind her, wrapping my arms around her waist. I laid my head in the crook of her neck.

"This is our home, baby." I whispered in her ear before kissing it. A few tears fell from her face.

She sniffed and turned around in my arms, serving me a long passionate kiss. "Mind giving me a tour?" She pulled away from the kiss and smiled brightly.